Unread post by poupi »

Have you explanations how GPSMAP correct multipath effects? :shock:
Have you internet links?
Thanks a lot to everybody.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Multipath Correction Methods

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I suspect most manufacturers will consider this proprietary information and will not publish details.

However, one can easily imagine how a 'Multi-Band' device might compare PRN signals from both bands for each satellite and use the earliest arriving time stamp, assuming the other was late due to multi path deflection and/or other atmospheric obstructions.
poupi

Re: Multipath Correction Methods

Unread post by poupi »

*** edited to conform with forum posting guidelines ***

The problem is that the time-shifted signal (reflection) is added to the original signal. The resulting signal is in some cases completely scrambled. I have read in articles that the reflected signal is in reverse polarization. A circular 8-strand receiving antenna (gpsmap 76) can reduce reflections. There is also the selection of satellites located more than 45°. What remains is the processing of the resulting signal and I haven't found anything in the way of articles. Thank you for your answer.
original
Le problème est que le signal décalé dans le temps (reflexion) vient s'ajouter au signal original. Le signal résultant étant dans certain cas complètement brouillé. J'ai lu dans des articles que le signal réfléchi est en polarisation inverse. Une antenne de reception circulaire à 8 brins (gpsmap 76) peut atténuer les reflections. Il y aussi la selection de satellites se trouvant plus de 45°.
Il reste le traitement du signal résultant et je n'ai rien trouvé comme articles.
Merci pour ta réponse.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”