eTrex SE custom icons?

Discussion related to the Garmin eTrex SE GPSr
Sibstr

Re: eTrex SE custom icons?

Unread post by Sibstr »

I use the EasyGPS software to convert/send waypoints/geocaches to GPS. And if I remember correctly, the source data was in *.loc format. I also don't know if there was a connection with the maps. In any case, it is possible, once I accidentally changed all the icons, unfortunately it's been more than 10 years and I don't remember the details anymore.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

We are currently unable to find any references indicating it was possible to add custom waypoint symbols to Garmin handheld receivers prior to the Oregon x50 series as of March 2010.
javawa

Unread post by javawa »

Actually there is a reference on your own website...
You can add a maximum of 24 custom waypoints to the GPSMAP 60 series, and also to the older eTrexes with USB interface.
See example:
Spoiler
custom_icon_gpsmap60.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by javawa on Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Garmin GPS collection: https://www.javawa.nl/collectie.html
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you JaVaWa! We should look closer at our own wiki pages! I never actually tested this with older devices, and had forgotten about the xImage software!

However, regarding the title of this thread, the fact remains that the eTrex SE does not support custom waypoint symbols.

Return to “eTrex SE”