what3words widget

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
RickN55

what3words widget

Unread post by RickN55 »

Tried the what3words widget last night, what a load of garbage, every time you go onto the widget it turns the GPS systems off then on again to get a fix and some times it would only turn the "GPS" on and no Multi GNSS and it is hugely in accurate with the given position when checked with the what3words app on my phones and sometimes it turned the gps system off while the widget was active and then the satellite page would just constantly say "finding satellites" and wouldn't pick up a fix. And Garmin IQ app wouldn't uninstall so had to hook it up to express and delete the widget via that. Device was fine after it was removed but caused nothing but issues with the Satellite fix when the widget was installed.

Anyone else had this issue with said widget on their 67? To answer the generic question before it is asked I am on the latest 6.60 firmware!
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 65s (sold), GPSMAP 64s (sold), GPSMAP 62s, GPSMAP 60CSx, Edge 1040, Fenix 6x Pro (sold), Epix Gen2 Pro Sapphire 51mm.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: what3words widget

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Have used this Connect IQ widget/app in the past, and never noticed any accuracy issues on any of my devices.

Tested again just now with my 67, and the coordinates provided are spot on for the 3m accuracy they advertise.

Also, after closing the app, I rechecked my GNSS settings and they were still as I had them before, both Multi-GNSS and Multi-Band enabled.

I am using the 'APP' version instead of the 'Widget' version - not sure if that makes any difference?

Return to “GPSMAP 67”