CityNavigator map layer

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: CityNavigator map layer

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Przekątny wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:34 pm How can the map I create from scratch with a Garmin-independent compiler be related to the CN map?
Which Compiler?
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

javawa wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:51 pm Can you create an online report with JaVaWa Device Manager?
Sure, see ****** for the online report!
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
javawa

Unread post by javawa »

It's clearly not caused by the number of map segments, more than one map in a file or conflicts between family ID's or segment ID's...
The JDM report is less helpful than I expected.
My Garmin GPS collection: https://www.javawa.nl/collectie.html
JungleJim

Bummer!

I have one map on my GPSMAP 67 that is not enabled/disabled when toggling the CN layer, the (free) Abruzzo part of TrekMap Italia v6 PRO. Is there some way to dive into the details of that map file and compare it with an OSM-based map? Maybe that could give some insights on why the CN layer is affecting OSM-based routable maps?
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
javawa

Unread post by javawa »

There are more Garmin maps on your SD card, like the TopoActive map. What happens with that map?
My Garmin GPS collection: https://www.javawa.nl/collectie.html
JungleJim

The Topo Active map is only visible when I disable the CityNavigator layer and enable the TopoActive layer. All OSM-based maps, the CityNavigator Europe map and the Abruzzo map are disabled in this case.

When I disable the TopoActive layer and enable the CityNavigator layer, all OSM-based maps and the CityNavigator Europe maps are enabled. The Garmin TrekMap Italia v6 PRO Abruzzo map stays disabled.
Przekątny

Unread post by Przekątny »

GPSrChive wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:39 pm Which Compiler?
In my opinion, which compiler does not matter, but I will ask whether a map compiled with Mapwel will be related to the CN map.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I do not have a Mapwel license, but if you send me a map compiled with Mapwel I will let you know!
@
Przekątny

Unread post by Przekątny »

JungleJim wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:57 pm When I disable the TopoActive layer and enable the CityNavigator layer, all OSM-based maps and the CityNavigator Europe maps are enabled.
After enabling only the CN layer, OSM maps are enabled, I wonder if the OSM map from the France area will be displayed if the device has only one CN region that does not include France, or whether OSM maps will be enabled if the CN map is not installed by downloading Garmin Express and the device will contain a single CN map segment sent from MapInstall.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”