Bug? Saving track with a new name

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
Exit106

Bug? Saving track with a new name

Unread post by Exit106 »

I completed a hike hours ago and saved my track on my 67i.

Drove home and looked on my Gpsmap at the newly archived track, all is good here. So I want to give the track a new name, I go Change Name in the menu and give the track a new name and press done, name is there but only until I change the screen, it then returns to the original name. When I change the track from the archived folder to the favourite folder, there is no problem in changing the name in the same way as mentioned above. I just can’t change the name of a track when it is located in the archived folder, even if the 67i says I can in the menu screen.

Am I missing something here, or is this a frustrating bug to make me change the location for it to change the name of a track before bringing back to the Archived folder.

Thx for any advice.
JungleJim

Re: Bug? Saving track with a new name

Unread post by JungleJim »

Seems to be a bug indeed, I can reproduce this as well on my GPSMAP 67.

Funny (well not really...) thing is that this issue was reported for the Montana 700 on this forum as well. Garmin fixed it for the Montana 700 but apparently this fix hasn't found it's way to the GPSMAP 67 yet...
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
Exit106

Unread post by Exit106 »

Thx for the quick reply JungleJim.

So it’s a bug in the Archived folder. While looking around that folder, i’m wondering why I can’t Spell Search or Sort as I can do in the Favourite folder? Seems like I would try to search somewhere I don’t often go and would like to find from a long time ago. Just a though.

Cheers,
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

As a general rule of thumb, you can not do much of anything with Archive tracks. They can not be shown on map, color can not be changed, etc. etc.

The Archive directory is exactly what the name implies, a place to store additional files that are not currently indexed or used by the device.

Archived tracks must first be set to 'Favorite' status before they can be displayed, navigated or edited, etc.

Please see GPSrChive > GPSMAP 67 > Pages > Saved Tracks or GPSrChive > How To... > Tracks for additional information:
GPSrChive > GPSMAP 67 > Pages > Saved Tracks wrote:
Archived Track
  • A saved track that is not currently set to 'Favorite' status.
  • Can not be configured to 'Show On Map'.
  • Archived tracks can not be displayed on the map page, navigated, or shared.
  • Archived tracks can be imported into BaseCamp.
  • Saved only in [GPSr]\Garmin\GPX\Archive\ directory
Exit106

Unread post by Exit106 »

Yes, archived tracks should resided in the Archive folder but i see no reason not to be able to apply changes when they reside in that folder.

If I go on my favourite fishing expedition every five years, why do I keep them my Fafourite folder all this time. I just want to bring them back when I’m looking on going back on the trip. Maybe I’m looking at it wrong but I would make good use of being able to edit archived tracks in the Archived folder.

I’m here to listen to your knowledge, many thanks.
Przekątny

Unread post by Przekątny »

GPSrChive wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:12 pm As a general rule of thumb, you can not do much of anything with Archive tracks. They can not be shown on map, color can not be changed, etc. etc.

The Archive directory is exactly what the name implies, a place to store additional files that are not currently indexed or used by the device.

Archived tracks must first be set to 'Favorite' status before they can be displayed, navigated or edited, etc.

In Garmin devices, you can navigate by Track, which is located in Archived Tracks, track before running,
when it is running and after navigation is completed, it will be in the archive, navigation should be started
from the Calendar application and not from the Track Manager application.

When starting navigation from the Calendar application, the Track Manager screen with the Go option will be displayed and after pressing the upper bar. The option to start navigation is not available directly in the Archived Tracks application.

In older devices (maybe not all), it is possible to change the name of a Track located in Archived Tracks.

"The Archive Catalog is exactly what the name suggests " :?:

Return to “GPSMAP 67”