Unable to change display brightness

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
mimichris

Unable to change display brightness

Unread post by mimichris »

I discovered another problem, version 6.60, when I turn on the 67 the screen lighting does not come on even when going to the "display" page I manipulate the brightness level but that doesn't change anything, I have to turn it off and then turn it back on.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
Navigatorman

Re: Unable to change display brightness

Unread post by Navigatorman »

Mine works fine, maybe I’m miss understanding you, but when I power on the brightness is at its last setting, when I momentarily push the power button again, it goes to 100%, press it again and it goes to zero backlight, press again and it’s back to where I had it set. You can adjust the brightness using the up/down key or plus /minus keys.
Last edited by Navigatorman on Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

Yes, I know all this, what I mean for example before turning it off it is at 60% brightness I turn it off, I turn it back on, the brightness is still at 60% but the LEDs are off, impossible to Turn them back on, you have to turn it off again and turn it back on for the LEDs to work. But it's not systematic, I have the impression that it's when it hasn't been turned on for several days.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
Navigatorman

Unread post by Navigatorman »

As I said mine is working fine with v6.60. Even after being off for several days. So I am thinking you have a hardware issue then or an issue during the boot up procedure. I would call Garmin support. I don’t think it’s a V6.60 bug because I think it would have been mentioned on this forum before now as V6.60 has been out for a few months now.
Last edited by Navigatorman on Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”