Data field for Pace (rather than Speed)

Discussion related to the Garmin eTrex SE GPSr
CreeDamato

Data field for Pace (rather than Speed)

Unread post by CreeDamato »

Hi, new eTrex SE owner here (and first-time GPSer). Thanks for such a valuable website/community!

I would like to know if it’s possible to show a data field for pace?

E.g. “14:44 /km” rather than “4.1 km/h”.

I can only see speed on the device (km per hour), but I’m used to monitoring pace (minutes per km).

I can see both formats (pace and speed) once I’ve imported the activity into Garmin Connect (see attached screenshot), but I’d really like to see pace on the device whilst I’m out using it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

*** edited to conform with forum posting guidelines ***
Spoiler
IMG_0163.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Data field for Pace (rather than Speed)

Unread post by GPSrChive »

A complete list of all available eTrex SE data fields can be found at GPSrChive > eTrex SE > Operation > Data Fields.

'Pace' is not listed there.

*** please review forum posting guidelines ***
CreeDamato

Unread post by CreeDamato »

Sorry for posting the attachment without the spoiler tags. Thank you for amending my post!

I see that Pace is not an available data field. I also checked the official Garmin eTrex SE manual and can see that Pace is not listed there either. I am surprised by this. I had wondered if perhaps it would be a case of changing units somewhere, but it doesn’t appear to be.

I’ve now raised a support request with Garmin to request this functionality (their watches allow you to view both Pace and Speed). I’ll update if I get a response.
javawa

Unread post by javawa »

AFAIK there is no Garmin outdoor device with a Pace field, Pace is limited to sports devices. I don't think they are going to add it to the eTrex.
Even on devices that look very similar but are made for different markets are different in that respect. The first Forerunner is almost identical to the first Foretrex, however the Forerunner had "Pace" but not "Speed"; the Foretrex had "Speed" but not "Pace".
My Garmin GPS collection: https://www.javawa.nl/collectie.html

Return to “eTrex SE”