Root principale

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
howdoyoudo

Root principale

Unread post by howdoyoudo »

I accidentally deleted the main root of gpsmap67 where can I find a full root (without the maps I redownload via Garmin explore)?

Thank you for your help.
KiwiGPS

Re: Root principale

Unread post by KiwiGPS »

Have you first tried a hard reset?

Performing a Reset

Ensure the device is powered off
Press and hold both Page and Enter simultaneously
Power on the device while continuing to press both buttons
Release the Power button when Garmin appears on the screen
Release the other buttons once the Do you really want to erase all user data? or This will remove all saved user data message appears
Arrow to Erase or Yes
Press Enter

The device is now reset. You will want to take the device outside in a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to refresh satellite data.

I have a GPSMAP 67 and can upload the files to Google Drive tonight (in 12 hours) if that's any help?
howdoyoudo

First of all, hello and thanks for the reply.
I tried to do the reset as you said and in fact I go from an empty directory to a directory with many files and folders, but when I do the first installation I only have the English language and all the others are missing.
Hence the doubt that in addition to the languages, some other files and folders are also missing.
Basically I wanted to copy the entire root to create a backup copy but instead of copying I pressed delete.....
If you could send me the files on google drive I would be grateful.
Thank you very much.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Use Garmin Express to install additional languages.
howdoyoudo

I tried but it doesn't offer me any language. I use Mac OSX but nothing changes on my friend's Windows PC.... in my opinion the main directory was corrupted. I tried to downgrade the firmware but as I read on the site gpsmap 67 doesn't allow it.
KiwiGPS

Unread post by KiwiGPS »

Here is the Garmin folder:

*** Removed Link to Blank Directory ***

I did a master reset as above of the 67 first.

I just realised I did not check for another software update with Express so have done so and it's only minor - a Time Zone thing.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

GPSrChive wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:59 am Use Garmin Express to install additional languages.
howdoyoudo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:21 am I tried but it doesn't offer me any language.
You have to select 'Tools and Content' > 'Utilities' > 'Optional Updates' > 'Language Files', then choose the languages you want to install before selecting 'Install Now'.
howdoyoudo

GPSrChive wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:07 pm
GPSrChive wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:59 am Use Garmin Express to install additional languages.
howdoyoudo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:21 am I tried but it doesn't offer me any language.
You have to select 'Tools and Content' > 'Utilities' > 'Optional Updates' > 'Language Files', then choose the languages you want to install before selecting 'Install Now'.
Thank you, I have already tried but there is no language to install...

*** please review forum posting guidelines ***
Spoiler
Gpsmap67 no language.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
howdoyoudo

To be safe I uninstalled Garmin express and installed it again. But the result doesn't change.
KiwiGPS

Unread post by KiwiGPS »

Where is the "Blank Directory" ?

Return to “GPSMAP 67”