Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Total Ascent Data Field Incorrectly Updated [Bug 30]

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Borrowed from this post:
JungleJim wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:52 pm
GPSrChive wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:24 pm [...]
I wonder which option everyone here has selected in Setup > Recording > Advanced Setup > Trip Recording?
I have set this to During Activity. So based on that setting I would expect the Total Ascent value only to be updated during activity recording. The GPSMAP 67 manual also seems to indicate this:
Ascent - Total
The total elevation distance ascended during the activity or since the last reset.
I find the behaviour of the device inconsistent. When Trip Recording is set to During Activity, fields like Time and Activity Distance are not updated, but Total Ascent is. If I would have set Trip Recording to Always then it would make sense to me that those fields are updated even when not recording an activity.
JungleJim

Re: Total Ascent Data Field Incorrectly Updated [Bug 30]

Unread post by JungleJim »

Issue reported to Garmin Support and a ticket for the engineering team has been created.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

Nice one, also reported myself. They've exchanged my device for a brand new one free of charge, should be here tomorrow. Will probably be the same but not complaining at a brand new device again...

How do you report bugs to Garmin just on the normal support chat or is there a special place somewhere to report known bugs? Just the more of us that officially report stuff, the more chance they'll sort it quicker.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 65s (sold), GPSMAP 64s (sold), GPSMAP 62s, GPSMAP 60CSx, Edge 1040, Fenix 6x Pro (sold), Epix Gen2 Pro Sapphire 51mm.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

RickN55 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:28 pm How do you report bugs to Garmin just on the normal support chat or is there a special place somewhere to report known bugs? Just the more of us that officially report stuff, the more chance they'll sort it quicker.
Please see GPSrChive > {Your Device} > Troubleshooting > Garmin Support (or) Contact Garmin to find a selection of contact options.
JungleJim

RickN55 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:28 pm How do you report bugs to Garmin just on the normal support chat or is there a special place somewhere to report known bugs? Just the more of us that officially report stuff, the more chance they'll sort it quicker.
When I want to report something I first go to the Garmin US support site (am based in the Netherlands myself), go to a GPSMAP 67 support page (doesn’t really matter which one) and then select to chat with support.

In my experience you then end up with someone from Garmin who actually knows about the GPSMAP 67. It depends on the actual support rep how willing they are to actually create a ticket, some are more willing than others.

When I send an email to Garmin support it ends up at local support and they are simply not that knowledgeable about the device.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
JungleJim

Not fixed in 7.60.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”