Unable to Delete Track Error

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 6x0 series GPSr
javawa

Re: Unable to Delete Track Error

Unread post by javawa »

Activephy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:33 pm I cannot locate it in the directory when I search the unit. It says the disc image file for gmaptz and gmapbmap files are corrupted as well. Can I delete deleted the OS from the unit and reinstall to start fresh.
Gmaptz.img and gmapbmap.img aren't the type of disk images as Windows thinks they are. You can't open them by double clicking them, and the conclusion (in het error message) of Windows is incorrect.
Also you can't delete the OS of the Montana like you would do on a Windows PC. Erasing all files or formatting the Montana will likely result in a brick.

Scan the Montana with JaVaWa Device Manager for errors. Use it to create an online report of the Montana and place the URL here. The information in the report can help us to give better suggestions.
My Garmin GPS collection: https://www.javawa.nl/collectie.html
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Please do as JaVaWa suggests above!

Thank you JaVaWa!!
Activephy

Unread post by Activephy »

I cannot find in the Garmin Montana directory while attached to the computer and linked to Garmin Express a MAPINSTALL file. I have updated the unit with the latest software available on Garmin Express.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Does the Montana show up in windows/Mac explorer when connected via USB?

What OS?

Have you tested with another cable or another computer?
javawa

Unread post by javawa »

OS = Windows, according to the screenshot that was posted earlier.

What do you mean by a "MAPINSTALL" file? There shouldn't be a file with that name on de Montana...
I'm not familiar with the installation procedure of TrakMaps. Did you contact them?
My Garmin GPS collection: https://www.javawa.nl/collectie.html

Return to “Montana 6x0”