GPSMAP 67 crashes in geocache map view

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
lode

GPSMAP 67 crashes in geocache map view

Unread post by lode »

My GPSMAP 67 unit has firmware 6.60.
When I open "Geocaching", press "right" to open the map view and then the "menu"-button, device crashes and reboots.
Anyone else having this same issue?

I could only find this in the common issues list:
Opening [Setup > Geocaching > Geocaching Live > Geocache Lists] may result in a device crash.
But this seems to be fixed and I cannot get the device to crash.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 67 crashes in geocache map view

Unread post by GPSrChive »

What geocaches have you loaded to the device? Using which methods? Is the device registered to a Geocaching Account? Is Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi enabled and connected when this crash occurs?

Perhaps you should try removing any and all geocache data from the device and retest.
lode

Unread post by lode »

I've downloaded nearby geocaches using the GC Live Download while connected to a wifi network. Device is registered to a geocaching premium account.
Bluetooth and Wifi turned on or off doesn't have any difference and device still crashes when pressing "menu" in map view.
I've removed all downloaded geocaches, unregistered and re-registered to a geocaching account. Still no effect.
Menu button can be pressed in other views, only in map view it crashes and reboots the device.
Youtube video
GPSrChive
Site Admin

One more thing to try:

Connect the GPSMAP 67 to your computer, and open the Garmin directory (folder), then rename the 'SQL' folder to something like 'SQL-OLD' or 'SQL-231001', then reboot the device and retest.
lode

Unread post by lode »

I renamed the folder to SQL-OLD, but the problem still persists.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unfortunately, you may need to perform a master reset, which will require setting up your profiles and other options again.

See GPSrChive > GPSMAP 67 > Troubleshooting for details.
javawa

Unread post by javawa »

On older devices only the current profile will be reset, the other profiles aren't affected. It can be handy to create another profile solely for resetting. Is this behaviour changed on the GPSMAP 67?
My Garmin GPS collection: https://www.javawa.nl/collectie.html
RickN55

Unread post by RickN55 »

Was just playing around with the Geocache section on my 67 and boom it just turned itself off..
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 65s (sold), GPSMAP 64s (sold), GPSMAP 62s, GPSMAP 60CSx, Edge 1040, Fenix 6x Pro (sold), Epix Gen2 Pro Sapphire 51mm.
FMercier

Unread post by FMercier »

some thoughts about geocaching:

how do you get the geocaches? diretcly from groundspeak? via live geocaching? - then you opend the door for some errors in some geocaches from groundspeak!
Thats a fact since may years!

you want a solution? - use GSAK! and the most problems are gone...

live geocaching is easy but GSAK ist better!

if you want simple geocaching - use a smartphone
if you want pure geocaching use a Garmin AND GSAK ;-)
Navigatorman

Unread post by Navigatorman »

Do you folks have a map dashboard enabled? Hidden or viewable. This will cause mine to crash as well, very similar to another crash problem with map dashboards enabled. Scroll your ribbon menu to main menu, select geocache, select a geocache, Go displays, press menu, unit crashes. It will not crash if you press menu twice from the map screen to get to the main menu.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”