Using Garmin Connect

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
RotoruaPete

Using Garmin Connect

Unread post by RotoruaPete »

I am the proud owner of a new GPSMap 67 after I finally decided to update from my trusty 60CSX.
Whenever I plug in the 67 I get a message that my activities have been uploaded. I found that these are going to Garmin Connect. After deleting all the rubbish that got uploaded, while a wandered the neighbourhood trying out my GPS, I then found that I could upload the actual activity I did into Strava.
That was fine, so I continued mucking about with the unit and then, to my horror, everything was getting posted to Strava. It seems there are only two options, everything goes to Strava automaticly or nothing at all. Since then, I have just exported a GPX from Basemap and imported that into Strava, which is essentially what I did with my 60CSX.
My question is, is there any way to control that process? Ideally I would prefer to select what goes to Garmin Connect and then allow that to automaticly go to Strava. That would mean I then don't need to delete whatever goes to Garmin Connect when I just happen to plug in the GPS.
I'd be quite happy to continue with Basecamp and GPX files but that seems so last year.
Cheers
Pete
RotoruaPete

Re: Using Garmin Connect

Unread post by RotoruaPete »

I might have found a solution. I realise now that Garmin Connect has a phone app as well. It has a switch to turn off automatic uploads. I'll see how that works.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”