eTrex SE Text Translation Files (User Submitted)

Discussion related to the Garmin eTrex SE GPSr
Sibstr

eTrex SE Text Translation Files (User Submitted)

Unread post by Sibstr »

I have been using Garmin devices for over 22 years. In that time, I've gotten used to function names. With the arrival of the new eTrex SE, I noticed that the Czech translation of some functions is really strange and there are a lot of shortcuts everywhere for absolutely no reason. The same goes for Geocaching Live features, translations are good for google translator but not for Geocachers slang.
That's why I made a simple modification of the Czech translation.
The file czech.ln4 needs to be saved in the folder: Garmin\Text
Before uploading the file, I recommend backing up the original file.

Czech:
Některé překlady funkcí v eTrex SE jsou opravdu divné a všude je spousta zkratek úplně zbytečně, protože na řádek se vejde popis funkce v celé své délce. Nechápu proč to tak je. Dříve ty překlady dělali lidé, toď to vypadá na nějaký automatický překlad nebo nevím. Stejně tak funkce pro Geocaching a Geocaching Live mají úplně divné překlady a geocacher tápe co tím v Garminu chtěli říct. Takže jsem soubor s češtinou vzal a upravil. Méně zkratek, přesnější pojmenování funkcí například "Ozn. tras. b." na "Ulož tras. bod". V sekci Geocaching jsem změnil "Popis" na "Listing", "Záznamy" na "Logy", "Radu" na "Nápovědu", "Puzzle" na "Mystery" atd.
Soubor czech.ln4 je potřeba nahrát do složky: Garmin\Text
Předtím doporučuji si zazálohovat originální soubor.
Czech
czech.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: eTrex SE Text Translation Files (User Submitted)

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your work for others to enjoy!

If anyone else has user edited TEXT Translation files, please share them here!
Sibstr

Re: eTrex SE Text Translation Files (User Submitted)

Unread post by Sibstr »

New updated version of Czech (v02.40) for FW 4.20

Nová aktualizovaná verze češtiny (v02.40) pro FW 4.20
Spoiler
czech_for_FW_4.20.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “eTrex SE”