A Question About CPE.BIN Update Methods

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
luvvinbird

A Question About CPE.BIN Update Methods

Unread post by luvvinbird »

I've enjoyed setting up and using my new GPSMAP 67 (software version 5.30) and encountered no problems along the way, except for the "start up message" which was quickly taken care of here, lol. The CPE.BIN file is current but, so far, only updates through Garmin Express. I set up Wi-Fi through GE without issue and both Explore and Connect are set up also and the device syncs without issue. Geocaching Live works great when I'm geocaching so all functions appear normal. I was curious to know if that's the way it is or I have I missed something? I was only concerned about down the road I may not have access to GE at some point. What then? My 66sr, for example updates the CPE.BIN file via WI-FI after a few minutes of being turned on. I'm not panicking, only curious. I do have a habit of overlooking details, lol. Thank you.
JungleJim

Re: A Question About CPE.BIN Update Methods

Unread post by JungleJim »

The unit should download the CPE.bin when it connects to a known WiFi network. At least I have seen that the unit connects to a web location where the latest CPE.bin file is located.

It also should do this when connected via Bluetooth to Connect Mobile app, but I have never verified if this is actually working. Maybe others can chime in on this?
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
luvvinbird

I got it sorted out. Yup, a setting. My bad. Thank you to those who viewed and responded.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

luvvinbird wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:40 am I got it sorted out. Yup, a setting. My bad. Thank you to those who viewed and responded.
WHAT SETTING?

Please let everyone know WHAT you changed to resolve the issue.

Posts like this that fail to explain how the problem was resolved are useless to forum readers.

:evil:
luvvinbird

I deleted and re-installed WI-FI and I deleted the device from Explore and re-installed it. It didn't work immediately yesterday, but it did update the CPE.BIN file when I tried it this morning. Thankfully, the post drew little response. Sorry!
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you!

:mrgreen:

Return to “GPSMAP 67”