Garmin Explore sync fails with 5.30

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
JungleJim

Garmin Explore sync fails with 5.30

Unread post by JungleJim »

Wondering whether other users also encounter this issue. After updating to device software 5.30 syncing with Garmin Explore (iOS, app version 3.8) fails. The sync kind of "hangs" at syncing Collections for a while, and then a message is displayed that the sync has failed.

I've reported the issue to Garmin and they are investigating, but I wonder if others encounter this issue as well?
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
MarkHL

Re: Garmin Explore sync fails with 5.30

Unread post by MarkHL »

I haven't had sync issue fails with 5.30, but I've seen this issue in the past.
Copy your data to a dummy folder (just to be safe) then drop the device from Explore and reestablish the connection.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

In Explore mobile, are you syncing all data or only selected data for the GPSMAP 67?

What is the status shown at the bottom of the Explore app when it hangs? Just before it fails?
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

Very strange, the problem seems to have sorted itself. But what I did to fix it, I don't know :?

Explore is configured to sync all collections. During sync the status at the bottom showed that the app was syncing the collections. That would take like 10 - 20 seconds and then the app would show "Synchronisation failed".

Just now I pressed "Skip" when explore was syncing the collections. That still resulted in an error message, but a different one: "Device busy" (or something like that, my Explore app is in Dutch). But the next sync was succesful.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520

Return to “GPSMAP 67”