How to add another language in GPSMAP 66s

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
Przekątny

Re: How to add another language in GPSMAP 66s

Unread post by Przekątny »

However, there is a bigger problem with the Thai language.
It is possible to replace phrases in Portuguese with Thai phrases,
but the replacement attempts I made ended up with no display of the function description.
Przekątny

komy14 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:30 am And the other two devices are garmin drive assist50lm,Oregon650.
Spoiler
1684473255244.jpg
I can't find the text folder in there. Both are devices that can use Thai. I don't know if there is a way to retrieve the data. :)
In Oregon 6x0 the Text directory should be directly in the Garmin directory, if it's not there then someone deleted it.
Language files for the Oregon 6x0 can be downloaded using Garmin Express.
komy14

Unread post by komy14 »

Przekątny wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:42 am
komy14 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:30 am And the other two devices are garmin drive assist50lm,Oregon650.
Spoiler
1684473255244.jpg
I can't find the text folder in there. Both are devices that can use Thai. I don't know if there is a way to retrieve the data. :)
In Oregon 6x0 the Text directory should be directly in the Garmin directory, if it's not there then someone deleted it.
Language files for the Oregon 6x0 can be downloaded using Garmin Express.
Thank you very much i try to plug in oregon650 and go to garmin express there is a language to choose But there is no Thai language available for download.

I tried downloading Portuguese language and it appears that there is an additional folder Text. There must be a Thai language in the firmware. The dealer has not brought this model to sell.

thanks again :)
Przekątny

komy14 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:06 pm Thank you very much i try to plug in oregon650 and go to garmin express there is a language to choose But there is no Thai language available for download.

I tried downloading Portuguese language and it appears that there is an additional folder Text. There must be a Thai language in the firmware. The dealer has not brought this model to sell.

thanks again :)
I checked the availability of files for the Oregon 6x0 European distribution,
so I didn't want to prejudge the language file list.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”