My GPSMAP 67 Observation

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
Gadwin

Re: My GPSMAP 67 Observation

Unread post by Gadwin »

GPSrChive wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:31 pm [...]

mimichris wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:46 am Another bug, when I search for tracks in recorded tracks, and I press the paddle continuously to make it move faster, I release the button and the scrolling does not stop, impossible to stop it, it stops by itself at the beginning of the list.
Wow, you must have a very quick trigger finger as I can only ever get about three selections ahead of the Saved Tracks Menu on my GPSMAP 67 v4.80. If you press the D-PAD key more times than there are menu selections to highlight, you will get exactly the behavior you describe.
You don't have to click fast, but instead just hold the D-pad, then the bug will also occur. It also occurs in almost every list, for example when you are searching for nearby cities.

This bug also existed on the 66sr.
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

I checked again this morning, it does not happen on the 66sr, if I hold down the D-pad, it goes from track name to track name with a stop of less than 1 second on each track then goes to l Another trace, on the 67 it scrolls quickly without stopping so it's a bug. Version 4.80.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
mimichris

Yesterday, a short 7km hike, I passed through an old village with very narrow streets between the houses, the 67 behaved very well, its tracking in these streets was quite correct, even if there are small gaps normal.

The rest of the hike the follow-up was perfect even in holm oak woods.
Spoiler
Fos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

mimichris wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:33 am Yesterday, a short 7km hike, I passed through an old village with very narrow streets between the houses, the 67 behaved very well, its tracking in these streets was quite correct, even if there are small gaps normal.

The rest of the hike the follow-up was perfect even in holm oak woods.
Spoiler
Fos.jpg
It's a pity that there is no comparison to other GPSr.
This gpx track is not perfect for me.
The line passes through the center of the building, it is a deviation of several meters. I saw the same in my 67, not experienced with the 66sr.
Spoiler
67vs66sr28.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

GPSrChive wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:31 pm
mimichris wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:45 am A new bug discovered, when I record a track, I want to see in "current track", I go to the altitude page and I press the "menu" button, the 67 goes out and starts again immediately but does not lose the track recording, you just have to press "resume" with the "enter" key.
Firmware version?

We are unable to duplicate at this time. Any additional details you can share to help us?
I also do not see this behaviour on my unit (firmware 4.80). What maps do you have enabled, maybe it's related to that?
mimichris wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:01 pm Already a bug, when I want to change a parameter the screen is cut in half, see below:
Tried this as well on my unit, the bug is with the padding on right side of the popup menu. All popup menus are only as wide as the largest text inside, btw, so "screen is cut in half" is just how that UI element is displayed.

What's happening is that there is no padding at the right side of the popup menu. The french translation apparently right aligns all menu items (did not expect that, but maybe that is normal in France interface design?) so it appears like the text is cut off. This right alignment could also explain some of the other text issues you're seeing?

When set to English (or Dutch) the menu items are left aligned, and the popup screen will stil only be as wide as the largest text inside but due to the padding on the left side it looks a lot better.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
mimichris

This problem does not exist on my 66sr, I have never had these problems on the 66sr or any Garmin and have had many.

Another problem, but I'll see if it's from the µSD memory card, when I turn it on, it turns on and stays on the first Garmin page, then turns off, then turns back on then turns on again, then turns back on , then it works normally.

I have never had so many bugs on a Garmin GPS.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

mimichris wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:45 am A new bug discovered, when I record a track, I want to see in "current track", I go to the altitude page and I press the "menu" button, the 67 goes out and starts again immediately but does not lose the track recording, you just have to press "resume" with the "enter" key.
Please start a new dedicated thread for this crash, be sure to mention the firmware version, and upload a short video showing the crash occurring.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

mimichris wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:41 am Another problem, but I'll see if it's from the µSD memory card, when I turn it on, it turns on and stays on the first Garmin page, then turns off, then turns back on then turns on again, then turns back on , then it works normally.
Please start a new dedicated thread for this crash, be sure to mention the firmware version, and upload a short video showing the crash occurring.
mimichris

These two problems are random because when I want to make a video it works... I can't.
mimichris

Re: My GPSMAP 67 "Hide dashboard"

Is this normal (it didn't on the 66sr) when I'm on the map, menu, hide dashboard, it's well hidden, but if I go to another page, satellites, main menu, etc. .. the dashboard comes back, I have to hide it again.
Spoiler
*** EXTERNAL IMAGE REMOVED ***

Return to “GPSMAP 67”