My GPSMAP 67 Observation

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
mimichris

Re: My GPSMAP 67 Observation

Unread post by mimichris »

First outing with the 67, faithful trace a bit shaky, but overall in the village it's quite correct.
Tomorrow longer hike and a little in the woods, finally in the holm oaks.
Spoiler
67.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
mimichris

A new bug discovered, when I record a track, I want to see in "current track", I go to the altitude page and I press the "menu" button, the 67 goes out and starts again immediately but does not lose the track recording, you just have to press "resume" with the "enter" key.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

mimichris wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:47 pm First outing with the 67, faithful trace a bit shaky, but overall in the village it's quite correct.
Do you also take the 66sr for testing?
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
mimichris

Nail wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:12 am
mimichris wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:47 pm First outing with the 67, faithful trace a bit shaky, but overall in the village it's quite correct.
Do you also take the 66sr for testing?
No, not at the moment, but I know the 66sr isn't very reliable around town between houses. I will do the test well.
mimichris

Another bug, when I search for tracks in recorded tracks, and I press the paddle continuously to make it move faster, I release the button and the scrolling does not stop, impossible to stop it, it stops by itself at the beginning of the list.
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

mimichris wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:46 am Another bug, when I search for tracks in recorded tracks, and I press the paddle continuously to make it move faster, I release the button and the scrolling does not stop, impossible to stop it, it stops by itself at the beginning of the list.
That’s not really a bug IMHO. The unit just queues up the key presses and probably you have a long list so the device “gets behind” so to say. This also happens when you go into Find and list for example all POIs nearby.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
mimichris

JungleJim wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:28 am
mimichris wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:46 am Another bug, when I search for tracks in recorded tracks, and I press the paddle continuously to make it move faster, I release the button and the scrolling does not stop, impossible to stop it, it stops by itself at the beginning of the list.
That’s not really a bug IMHO. The unit just queues up the key presses and probably you have a long list so the device “gets behind” so to say. This also happens when you go into Find and list for example all POIs nearby.
Except that on the 66sr there is not this bug, when you keep pressing it goes from track to track and when you release it stops, so it's a bug.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

mimichris wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:24 pm Except that on the 66sr there is not this bug...
Have you seen PM?
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

mimichris wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:45 am A new bug discovered, when I record a track, I want to see in "current track", I go to the altitude page and I press the "menu" button, the 67 goes out and starts again immediately but does not lose the track recording, you just have to press "resume" with the "enter" key.
Firmware version?

We are unable to duplicate at this time. Any additional details you can share to help us?

Wow, you must have a very quick trigger finger as I can only ever get about three selections ahead of the Saved Tracks Menu on my GPSMAP 67 v4.80. If you press the D-PAD key more times than there are menu selections to highlight, you will get exactly the behavior you describe.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

mimichris wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:26 am After modifying the page sequence, I put the map on when the GPS was turned on and the latter has problems, it displays the home page, then closes, starts again, several times before displaying the map, I modified the page sequence by putting the satellites back and there is no longer this problem, I do not necessarily blame the 67 but maybe my 16GB µSD memory card (provisional) which is not of high quality. I ordered another 32 GB, I will see if this problem continues.
Yes, please report your results. Perhaps test with Map page first but with only he Garmin maps loaded.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”