My GPSMAP 67 Observation

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
mimichris

My GPSMAP 67 Observation

Unread post by mimichris »

I bought despite what I said a GPSMAP 67, because as I'm curious I want to see for myself this 67.
After turning it on, I immediately made a backup copy of the "Garmin" folder, you never know, then updated the firmware 4.80 and the maps, the maps did not want to download, it bugged and it stopped the download, it doesn't matter because I don't use it.
I tried a JNX card of my manufacture, not recognized, I suspected.
I put the IMG cards of my manufacture and there "youpi" as we say at home, it's OK. So I would use these IGN topo maps.
I tried an unrecognized OSM map, I'll see later.
Already a bug, when I want to change a parameter the screen is cut in half, see below:
Menu Error
65.bmp
It bugged twice when it turned on, it turned off 5 seconds after turning it on. Then it was normal.

I am impressed by the number of satellites (nothing to do with the 66sr) and the accuracy is 1.8m like the 66sr. See pictures:
GPS
371.bmp
Galileo
368.bmp
GLONASS
364.bmp
BeiDou
358.bmp
Then, I wanted to reorganize the icons on the pages, they were reorganized but after switching off and on, it went back to how it was before. Another bug.

On to the next bug......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
mimichris

Re: My GPSMAP 67 Observation

Another thing I forgot, when starting the 67 I got a message that it can't read the satellites file.
mimichris

I have just done a stability test over 37 minutes and under my roof so at home which is not ideal, the signal has moved in a rectangle of 4m x 3m, it is very stable, much more stable than the 66sr, good news.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

mimichris wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:01 pm Already a bug, when I want to change a parameter the screen is cut in half...
Can you test also with English set as device language? Or is that menu OK now?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

mimichris wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:01 pm Then, I wanted to reorganize the icons on the pages, they were reorganized but after switching off and on, it went back to how it was before. Another bug.
We are unable to duplicate this behavior.

We have seen in the past that changes to the active profile may not be fully saved to memory if the user powers the device off too soon after making the changes, so we recommend first activating another profile to force the current profile to be saved completely.
mimichris

mimichris wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:02 pm Another thing I forgot, when starting the 67 I got a message that it can't read the satellites file.
In fact it is a bad translation in French, it is not the satellite files but the personal JNX files that he cannot open, after having deleted them the message disappears.
mimichris

GPSrChive wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:47 pm
mimichris wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:01 pm Then, I wanted to reorganize the icons on the pages, they were reorganized but after switching off and on, it went back to how it was before. Another bug.
We are unable to duplicate this behavior.

We have seen in the past that changes to the active profile may not be fully saved to memory if the user powers the device off too soon after making the changes, so we recommend first activating another profile to force the current profile to be saved completely.
A bug probably, because by turning it off and on again, I was able to move icons....There are still bugs, for example, I will see a plot in recording to change the color, I happens I want to change the color, the screen turns off and closes...
Garmin has work to improve it.
For example, I do a search by city names, the text is on the far right instead of being centered ...... Similarly in "Product Info" the text is not centered and is also on the right the window, on the 66sr the text is centered.
When I turn it on it is on the satellite page and not on the map page.

For your information, the CPE.BIN file has changed location compared to the 66sr, it is in the "RemoteSW" directory, there is no longer an EPO.BIN file.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

mimichris wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 3:40 pm When I turn it on it is on the satellite page and not on the map page.
Sounds like the Satellite Page is the first page listed in Setup > Menus > Page Sequence:
GPSrChive > GPSMAP 67 > Setup > Menus > Page Sequence wrote:
  • The Page first listed in this sequence will be the default Page each time the GPSMAP 67 is powered on.
mimichris

OK, thanks, I was used to having the map when switching on all my Garmins, I modified it.
mimichris

After modifying the page sequence, I put the map on when the GPS was turned on and the latter has problems, it displays the home page, then closes, starts again, several times before displaying the map, I modified the page sequence by putting the satellites back and there is no longer this problem, I do not necessarily blame the 67 but maybe my 16GB µSD memory card (provisional) which is not of high quality. I ordered another 32 GB, I will see if this problem continues.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”