Logging Finds on 66SR

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
chrispt

Logging Finds on 66SR

Unread post by chrispt »

A quirk I've noticed recently with my 66SR. I don't manually load caches on it via GPX or GGZ files. I've been trying to just use GC Live integration. I am running the 5.70 firmware as well.

When I find a cache, I log the attempt on the GPS. I either do this via the Geocaching application (left-hand tab) or when I am on the map screen with the Geocaching dashboard active I tap menu and Log Attempt. Once I do this I select the Found option (with the green check mark) and it asks what I want to do next. When I click find next closest it doesn't actually mark the cache as found so it tries to help me find the one I already did.

One other thing to note. In the settings I have Auto Upload Logs unchecked, because I want to log them myself.

Has anyone else seen this? Am I doing this the wrong way?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Logging Finds on 66SR

Unread post by GPSrChive »

We are testing your sequence of events this evening and are unable to duplicate with our GPSMAP 66sr. Each time we log the geocache we are navigating to as 'Found' and then select 'Find next closest', navigation immediately begins to the next closest geocache for us.

After connecting our GPSMAP 66sr to our computer and opening the \Garmin\geocache_visits.txt and \Garmin\geocache_logs.xml files, we find the geocache is indeed marked as found.

We do have the geocaches loaded via GPX file however, maybe you can retest this way and report your findings?
chrispt

Unread post by chrispt »

I wonder if my issue is related to having deleted the SQL folder so it would recreate it.
chrispt

Unread post by chrispt »

So I just checked both files mentioned above and the visits file and the logs file both show these caches logged as found. I manually searched by GC code and they all show the treasure chest icon. I don't get it. Maybe it just wasn't updating the file quickly enough? Is it ok to delete the visits and the log file?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Yes, you can delete these, or move them to another location for archival purposes, should you so desire.

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”