Comparison 66sr and 67.

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
Nail

Re: Comparison 66sr and 67.

Unread post by Nail »

Discover wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:25 pm This page only compares technical data, without marketing
Spoiler
67vs66sr6.jpg
Are you sure? This is an argument that customers fall for. This is not a technical data, just a statement that it is the most accurate. They cheat in the first sentence.
It's good that you showed it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Ah really nice, that you highlighted it. I don't know how it is in other countries, but in germany marketing statemants have to be true. Now I can really demand to have at least the same accuracy like the 66sr.
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

When I read this from the 66sr:

"want our most accurate GPS handheld ever for the most challenging conditions. This one has a 3” screen, ABC sensors and satellite imagery."

I think it's better than the 67 no ? apart from the long-lasting battery.

For the 67 they don't say the most accurate, weird.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

For any reason since yesterday the turn on button "softened" of the 67, what I mean, that now I only need to press for a brief moment like with the 66sr to turn it on. No complain about that, just an observation.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Nail wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:07 pm
[...]
Defects can be repaired and should not necessarily be a reason for withdrawing from the purchase.
[...]
And how long will we wait for this? Look for Bug 65 of the 66sr, we waited at least over a year to get a fix. By the way I had today a chat with Garmin support about Bug 11 of GPSMAP 67. Judge yourself how important the GPSMAP 67 is to them. I guess they don't care at all.

I wouldn't buy it now, but instead wait at least 1 year until they fix it.

Later in the chat, he said, that the GPSMAP 67 just works differently, haha, what really??
Spoiler
g.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

I guess I was connected to german Garmin by mistake. They are never helpful and try to declare every bug as a feature, even with the not downloadable CPE.bin file back then.

So I reached several Garmin employees from the US and they were at least helpful to the part, that they opened a ticket. I hope something will happen very soon.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

Gadwin wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:14 pm I guess I was connected to german Garmin by mistake. They are never helpful and try to declare every bug as a feature, even with the not downloadable CPE.bin file back then.

So I reached several Garmin employees from the US and they were at least helpful to the part, that they opened a ticket. I hope something will happen very soon.
I wanted to reply early that you had contact with the bumpers. Prepared with the answer that they never heard that everyone is happy and everything is working properly. If you have a problem, restore the device to factory settings. I hope that also thanks to the GPSrChive administrator, the fixes in Garmin GPSMAP 67 will be implemented.

I suggest that posts include "GPSMAP 67" Google index phrases and the forum will be positioned better, it also has an impact on customer decisions. And then the operation of Garmin and not ignoring problems has an impact.
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

I watched two Youtub videos (from USA) on the 67i, the testers didn't notice any bugs, I replied that they would have to do a comparison with the 66sr, in fact what they like it is the satellite phone which is non-existent on the 66sr, only on the 66i but which does not have multiband.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

The journey was made perfectly along the pavement line.
The 66sr did the job great, it's good for terrain mapping. If I only had a GPSMAP 67,
I would say it's not bad, just for consolation.
Spoiler
67vs66sr12.jpg
GPSMAP 67, GPSMAP 66sr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Nail wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:19 pm The journey was made perfectly along the pavement line.
The 66sr did the job great, it's good for terrain mapping. If I only had a GPSMAP 67,
I would say it's not bad, just for consolation.
Spoiler
67vs66sr12.jpg
Certainly no fault can be found with either of those traces!

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”