Lock on Road enabled without user input [Bug 11]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
Gadwin

Re: Lock on Road enabled without user input [Bug 11]

Unread post by Gadwin »

GPSrChive wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:22 pm Also, Garmin software engineers are indicating they can not duplicate this bug and suggesting they have also not heard of it, so, please, everyone, report this bug frequently using the contact information found on the GPSrChive >GPSMAP 67 > Common Issues page.
Did the engineers tried it really on a GPSMAP 67? Today I tried so many different combinations of setup settings, it was so easy to reproduce this bug. Sometimes the bug triggered even right on my eyes, when I was still in the setup menu, because I had a navigation on going. I sent garmin also a Video several days ago, which they asked for.

Somehow I was lucky back then, when I reported the bug about the CPE file for the 66sr. The employee had a 66sr in front of him and could reproduce it right at the moment. I think the support employees don't have a GPSMAP 67 in front of them right now.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Can we see that video, please?
luvvinbird

Unread post by luvvinbird »

Gadwin wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:38 pm
GPSrChive wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:22 pm Also, Garmin software engineers are indicating they can not duplicate this bug and suggesting they have also not heard of it, so, please, everyone, report this bug frequently using the contact information found on the GPSrChive >GPSMAP 67 > Common Issues page.
Did the engineers tried it really on a GPSMAP 67? Today I tried so many different combinations of setup settings, it was so easy to reproduce this bug. Sometimes the bug triggered even right on my eyes, when I was still in the setup menu, because I had a navigation on going. I sent garmin also a Video several days ago, which they asked for.

Somehow I was lucky back then, when I reported the bug about the CPE file for the 66sr. The employee had a 66sr in front of him and could reproduce it right at the moment. I think the support employees don't have a GPSMAP 67 in front of them right now.
I recently did an on-line chat with Garmin regarding the latest topoactive map updates omitting Canada and Alaska. A total waste of time. The support member went through the motions but it was clear he had no idea what I was talking about. Frustrated, I called Garmin support awhile later and was lucky enough to speak with someone who also had a 66sr with him at his desk. In an instance, he confirmed the issue. Keep trying via telephone and hopefully you'll get someone who can actually help. Kudos to you and the other brave souls, BTW, who have purchased the GPSMAP 67 and are doing your best to resolve frustrating issues. You are also very much helping us who want to buy. Thank you!
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

GPSrChive wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:20 pm We were originally unable to duplicate until we disabled the 'Prompted' option, but have since also been able to duplicate with 'prompted' selected, so, no, there is no escaping this bug it seems...
How to check this error?
This should help.
Lock On Road Error
67vs66sr21.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

I think everybody should send it to garmin now, this is perfect!
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

Gadwin wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:22 am I think everybody should send it to garmin now, this is perfect!
I sent it to the address provided by GPSrChive, today I received a request from Garmin Europe to complete the serial number.
Check how your 67 works and send an application, remember to add the serial number of your GPSr. More reports, faster response.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Btw @Admin, I noticed you changed the color to orange at Bug 11 at your page common issues. Does it mean, that they could duplicate the bug or what is exactly the criteria to be "orange", so what does it mean to be "acknowledged". The last news was, that the engineers didn't see any bug.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

From the Common Issues page:

ORANGE: Garmin has acknowledged a reported fault or feature request and may be working on a solution.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

GPSrChive wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:16 am From the Common Issues page:

ORANGE: Garmin has acknowledged a reported fault or feature request and may be working on a solution.
I also received confirmation from Garmin that they have accepted the problem report. The other reported issues are not confirmed.
JungleJim

Unread post by JungleJim »

Nail wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:40 am How to check this error?
This should help.
Lock On Road Error
67vs66sr21.jpg
With device software 5.30, this issue seems to be fixed. I tried the steps as outlined by Nail, and Lock On Road stays Off after starting navigation. I did not try any other scenarios, so maybe someone else can confirm the issue has been resolved?
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520

Return to “GPSMAP 67”