Lock on Road enabled without user input [Bug 11]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
Gadwin

Lock on Road enabled without user input [Bug 11]

Unread post by Gadwin »

When I choice a point to navigate, the option "Lock on road" turns everytime automatical on under the setup "routing" even if I turn it off before.

If I turn "Lock on road" off during a navigation, it stays off, but if I hold the navigation and turn the navigation again on, "Lock on road" turns on again. I guess it is a bug?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Lock on Road enabled without user input [Bug 11]

Unread post by GPSrChive »

We are unable to duplicate this behavior with our GPSMAP 67 v470.

We check our Routing Setup and 'Lock on Road' is 'Off'.

We then select a waypoint many miles away and start navigation via 'Touring Bike' and 'Shortest Time'.

Immediately rechecking Routing Setup we again find 'Lock on Road' is 'Off'.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Routing setup:

Direct routing: off
Activity: Hiking
Lock on road: off
course navigation: direct path

Advanced setup:

Calcation method:minmize distance
Off Reculation: automatic.

Now I choose any point on a map and marked it and started navigation. Look up again under setup routing. Lock on road: on.

Still not able to duplicate it?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Thank you for the assistance. They key to duplication here was to have the 'Activity' configured for anything other than 'Prompted'.

Update:

We have found multiple combinations now during testing that result in this undesired behavior. Hopefully Garmin gets this sorted soon.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Did somebody or the admins here tried to report it as a bug? I had several contacts via chat to garmin and it seems, that nobody is willing to report it as bug. One said, that he would report it as a request after I asked for this. They said, it is a feature. It is really irritating in both senses, this "feature" and the answer of the support.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

I also confirm this error. It also occurs when you select a pre-saved route for navigation. "Lock on road" is automatically "on". Everything for the "hiking" activity. GPSMAP is great because you can configure it in different ways. "Lock on road" is with an on/off switch, rather for that purpose.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Nail wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:44 pm I also confirm this error. It also occurs when you select a pre-saved route for navigation. "Lock on road" is automatically "on". Everything for the "hiking" activity. GPSMAP is great because you can configure it in different ways. "Lock on road" is with an on/off switch, rather for that purpose.
Maybe you can try to report it also to Garmin, so they register it really as bug.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Activity Hiking: If you set "Lock on Road" on "No" after starting a navigation and the device recalculate the route ( Off Recalculation: automatic) , then "Lock on Road" is set on "Yes" again by itself.

By the way @Admin: Did I understand it correct, that If I choose prompted as activity, than the bug does not occure? I could not duplicate it. For myself there seems no real escape from this bug, only if I turn off automatic recalculation and turn "Lock on Road" on "No" after starting a navigation.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

We were originally unable to duplicate until we disabled the 'Prompted' option, but have since also been able to duplicate with 'prompted' selected, so, no, there is no escaping this bug it seems...
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Also, Garmin software engineers are indicating they can not duplicate this bug and suggesting they have also not heard of it, so, please, everyone, report this bug frequently using the contact information found on the GPSrChive >GPSMAP 67 > Common Issues page.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”