Map Layers strange behavior [Bug 1]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
JungleJim

Map Layers strange behavior [Bug 1]

Unread post by JungleJim »

Noticing some strange behavior with Map Layers on my GPSMAP 67 with TopoActive Europe, some custom OSM maps and no Outdoor Maps+ subscription. Firmware version 4.40. Anyone else who has the same?

To reproduce:
1. display the Map page. In this example I have custom maps disabled (via MapManager)
2. select Menu > Map Layers
3. both TopoActive and CityNavigator are displayed and enabled
Spoiler
Map Layers enabled.jpg
4. press Down. Now both TopoActive and CityNavigator become disabled. I would expect just the selection moving to CityNavigator, not both layers becoming disabled.
Spoiler
Map Layers disabled.jpg
5. Exit by pressing Quit
6. TopoActive is still being displayed (although the Map Layers showed it as being disabled)

When pressing Enter instead of Down in step 4, both TopoActive and CityNavigator become disabled (I would expect only TopoActive becoming disabled). Quitting to the Map page then correctly only shows the basemap. Changing the selection with Up and Down after pressing Enter to disable the TopoActive layer will not change the selection state of both Map Layers.

When pressing Up / Down and Enter a couple of times in the Map Layers, sometimes the custom maps on the device will get enabled. Have not found the exact steps to reproduce this.

So it looks like there is a bug in the Map Layer selection handling?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Map Layers strange behavior [Bug 1]

Unread post by GPSrChive »

You have described GPSrChive > GPSMAP 67 > Common Issues > Bug 1 perfectly!
JungleJim

:lol: next time I encounter some strange behaviour I will first check the common issues page :)
Current: GPSMAP 67, Edge 1040, inReach Messenger - Previous: GPSMAP 66sr, Oregon 700, Dakota 20, Edge 1030 Plus, Edge 1030, Edge 520 Plus, Edge 520
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I am so glad you posted this detailed write up so we can now link to it from the common issues page!

Thank you!
JungleJim

Looks like this has been fixed in 4.70. The indicated status of map layers does not change when pressing Up or Down, and map layers can be enabled and disabled individually.

Return to “GPSMAP 67”