GPSMAP 67 series Announced

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 67 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 67 series Announced

Unread post by GPSrChive »

mimichris wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:44 am Concerning Galileo, they modified the configuration in multi-band mode, we see that there are those which are not in multi-band mode, whereas on the 66sr it did not appear.
They can put the Beidou on the 66sr since it was there on the first releases, it's software only.
We do not know how many satellite signal channels the 66sr has, may be there is an insufficient number of channels for any additional constellations?
vsa

Unread post by vsa »

Hmmm, now there's a condition:
GPE: Current
I had WiFi on before I went on the trip. And I also had the Android Explore app permanently connected on my phone. Must have been in "Current" status.

I see that the GPS directory is missing in which was the EPO.bin and CPE.bin file on 66sr.
---
Magellan SporTrak, eTrex Legend C, eTrex Vista HCx, Oregon 300, GPSMAP 62s, 66sr, 67i.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

vsa wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:56 am Hmmm, now there's a condition:
I had WiFi on before I went on the trip. And I also had the Android Explore app permanently connected on my phone. Must have been in "Current" status.

I see that the GPS directory is missing in which was the EPO.bin and CPE.bin file on 66sr.
What is the CPE status displayed on your about page now?

Do you not find a CPE.BIN file on your device?
switchyardsullivan

Unread post by switchyardsullivan »

Hi everyone,

any idea if this will support backroad map books mapset? it comes on microsd card normally
vsa

Unread post by vsa »

GPSrChive wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:04 pm
vsa wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:56 am Hmmm, now there's a condition:

What is the CPE status displayed on your about page now?

Do you not find a CPE.BIN file on your device?
Directory \Garmin\GPS missing
I directory \Garmin\RemoteSW I see CPE.bin

It's coreect situation?

To day I see GNSS accurracy 1.6m !!! :)
---
Magellan SporTrak, eTrex Legend C, eTrex Vista HCx, Oregon 300, GPSMAP 62s, 66sr, 67i.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Seems they have moved the default directory for the CPE.BIN file on the GPSMAP 67!

Good to see you have now normal accuracy report!
vsa

Unread post by vsa »

GPSMAP 67i - GNSS 1.6m
479.bmp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vsa on Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
MaliBooBoo

Unread post by MaliBooBoo »

switchyardsullivan wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:02 pm Hi everyone,

any idea if this will support backroad map books mapset? it comes on microsd card normally
I saw posted somewhere in here that all img files are still supported so presumably the BRMB card would still be supported. I would think this would especially be the case since it a Garmin-licenced product.
switchyardsullivan

Unread post by switchyardsullivan »

MaliBooBoo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:47 pm
switchyardsullivan wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:02 pm Hi everyone,

I saw posted somewhere in here that all img files are still supported so presumably the BRMB card would still be supported. I would think this would especially be the case since it a Garmin-licenced product.
Thanks! I might upgrade my gpsmap64s with this then. Still a bit on the fence leaving the comfort of AA batteries!

My gpsmap64s stopped worked 2 years ago, but i reflowed the board inside and it worekd since. But long term reliability makes this new 67 series a likely purchase now..
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

Information about errors
Missing Features
1. TopoActive maps cannot be enabled or disabled independently like all previous models allow.

Will the inability to disable TopoActive cause other maps to be invisible?

Return to “GPSMAP 67”