TopoActive maps displaying in Garmin Explore, but not on device

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
dirigible

TopoActive maps displaying in Garmin Explore, but not on device

Unread post by dirigible »

Hi.
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the GPSMAP, Basecamp or TopoActive forums, but this one is the most active, so I'll ask here first.
My device has TopoActive maps of North America installed. I get great detail of Canada and the US in Explore, Basecamp, and the device. When I brought up this map on the Explore app on my phone, and scrolled to Greenland, it prompted me: "Install TopoActive of this region?"
I said "Yes". Now, on my phone, I have detailed TopoActive maps of Greenland in the Explore app, but I don't in either the device or Basecamp. I've tried syncing from all three platforms, and nothing seems to do it.
In Basecamp, the only maps available for me to select are the original TopoActive ones for North America. None of them provide detail for Greenland.

Ideas?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: TopoActive maps displaying in Garmin Explore, but not on device

Unread post by GPSrChive »

While TopoActive maps in the Explore app and on your device may share the same names, they are not the same maps.

Loading maps in the Explore app will not load any maps to your Garmin GPSr.

Please see GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66 > Maps for information about the various methods available to load maps to your Garmin device.
asprin624

Unread post by asprin624 »

I thought TopoActive Greenland is a separate map to be bought.
Spoiler

What has it to do with TopoActive America?

You said you have TopoActive maps of North America installed.
dirigible

Unread post by dirigible »

asprin624 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:02 pm I thought TopoActive Greenland is a separate map to be bought.
Spoiler

Yes, but in Explore, I have access to the TopoActive map of Greenland. I wasn't sure why I would see this info in Explore, but not my GPSMAP. I assumed if I could see it in one, I should be able to see it in the other.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

dirigible wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:54 pm
asprin624 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:02 pm I thought TopoActive Greenland is a separate map to be bought.
Spoiler

Yes, but in Explore, I have access to the TopoActive map of Greenland. I wasn't sure why I would see this info in Explore, but not my GPSMAP. I assumed if I could see it in one, I should be able to see it in the other.
Nope. No correlation what-so-ever.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”