'Address' missing from Find Menu

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
Gadwin

'Address' missing from Find Menu

Unread post by Gadwin »

So this problems occured when I reseted my device a while ago. I ignored it at the beginning, but now I am searching for a solution for it. For any strange reason some find menu options are missing for example "address". If I want to sort the find menu under setup, every thing appears even the missing options. But if I want to use them for example if I click on the buttion "find" while I am on the map, the option "address" is missing.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: 'Address' missing from Find Menu

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Which maps are loaded?

Are they enabled?
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Worldwide DEM Basemap,NR, Topoactive Europe, Central, East, West, and Birdseye Satellite imagery. Everything is enabled. That are the same maps like before the reset.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Firmware 5.70 is loaded?

Which versions are the TopoActive maps?
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Yes Firmware 5.70 is loaded and Topoactive Europe is 2022.10. This issue was already with Firmware 5.50, but only after a reset.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

We have TopoActive Europe 2022.10 loaded/enabled on our GPSMAP 66sr and the 'Addresses' option is displayed when we press the (Find) button, so we are not going to be much help.

Please open a support ticket with Garmin and let us know what they determine.
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

I have four TopoActiv maps in my 66sr,

TopoActive Central Europe,
TopoActive Europe East,
TopoActiv Europe West
TopoActiv Americas south.

Why being in France do I have the TopoActiv Américas south?
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

I also had Topo America south, but deleted it. But you know, that France has also land in south america? It is French Guiana and is an overseas department. So it makes kinda sense to have at least for you a topo america south map.

But ok, france has also much more overseas department, not only in south america, so it can't be an explanation why we got only for south america a map and not for africa.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

GPSrChive wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:22 am We have TopoActive Europe 2022.10 loaded/enabled on our GPSMAP 66sr and the 'Addresses' option is displayed when we press the (Find) button, so we are not going to be much help.

Please open a support ticket with Garmin and let us know what they determine.
ok thank you. It already helped me to narrow down the problem. It depends on the installed maps, independently which map you enable on the device. For example I installed this map here:
Spoiler
some osm map for germany. After the installation I got back the missing find options and could search for addresses in germany and nearby countries like austria and france, but not in spain. Even if I disabled the map under map options, I still could search for addresses. After that I deleted the map on my device and lost the find options again.

I already reinstalled the Topo europe map but it is still missing. So could it be, that topo europe maps don't have this option?

Before the reset I also had the south america topo map and deleted it manual in the garmin folder and not through Mapinstall, which I did for the osm map. So maybe there is a file which contains the addresses for some reason in the south america map? Unfortunately I can't reinstall the topo south america map through garmin express, I get an error for strange reason.

Did you install other maps on your device beside the topo maps europe on your device? If yes, which one?
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

So Topoactive Maps don't search for addresses, what is stated here 3 years ago.
Spoiler

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”