Galileo initialization became Slow [Bug 71]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Galileo initialization became Slow [Bug 71]

Unread post by GPSrChive »

So your 66sr loaded an EPO.BIN file over Wi-Fi without being connected to any other computers? Which firmware is currently loaded?
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

Yes, my device was disconnected from my computer and I turned it on and turned the wifi on. After this I connected to my computer, without opening garmin express. I looked into the GPS folder and there was this EPO.Bin file again.

Firmware 5.50
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Thank you.

This sounds like a potential bug. The 66sr should be getting the CPE file, not the EPO.

Please retest without connecting to the PC (Express may be running in the background) and report which file is loaded to the device.

I will inquire with Garmin as to why this is happening.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

I double checked, and the EPO file is generated only via WIFI. This problem happened 5 days or so ago. But only now I checked for the CPE Status and so on. But since then my connection to the satellites got slower.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

So I had a longer chat via the garmin english website. It seems, that via the garmin explorer app at a smartphone, I could get a CPE file. What is not really an option for me.

The garmin support also couldn't get any file via wifi, but also no EPO.Bin. I don't know if they used it via a smartphone wifi or at home wifi, what I use. Also I don't know if they tried to do it via the garmin express program at a pc. In any case they created a case for me.

Anyway it would be nice, if you also get in touch with garmin. The device is really great, even in "city canyon". I even put the device into my backpack and it tracked without any problems my hike. But without this CPE File it is not really great, at least compared to before. I hope and I think, that is the problem which occured 5 days ago.
Last edited by Gadwin on Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Other than the EPO.BIN file being sent to your 66sr, your expired CPE issue matches GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66sr > Common Issues > Bug 65 exactly.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

It is really strange. I don't know if it was a problem from the start. When I got the device and started it immediately, it didn't found any satellites for 30sec. So I just turned it off anyway and synchronized and updated through Garmin Express at the PC. After this, the device worked for almost a week like a gem and found really in seconds GPS,Galileo and GLONASS. So that means, the very first update through garmin express, also gave me a CPE file. But since the last 5 days it became very slow to find the satellites.

So I think, the problem with the CPE status and missing CPE file became a thing just this 5 days ago.
Last edited by Gadwin on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gadwin

Unread post by Gadwin »

I am sorry for double Post, but would it be possible to send me the newest CPE File? I really would like to know, if it will solve my problem, what is the slow finding of satellites. At least I would know, that there is some strange bug, which occures after using the device for a week or so.

For now the device feels a bit like broken.
Last edited by Gadwin on Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Be certain you have removed any existing EPO.BIN and/or CPE.BIN files from your 66sr, then place the provided CPE.BIN in the GPSMAP 66sr\Garmin\GPS\ directory.

CPE.BIN
CPE 221129.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

I only update with Garmin Explore on smartphone, it updates CPE and EPO files.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”