No Weather Forecast Data

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
mity!

No Weather Forecast Data

Unread post by mity! »

About two weeks ago I noticed that my O750t obviously doesn't receive weather data any more. The weather page (with the current conditions and the forecast) shows continously "waiting for data". However, the weather radar is working fine...
My O750t runs with the recent FW 6.00, 'Garmin Connect' on my IOS deivce is up to date and the devices are connected by Bluetooth. And yes, I am in an "weather covered" area ;) (tested around Berlin and the german part of the Baltic Sea).
Anybody with similar experiences?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: No Weather Forecast Data

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Just pulled out our Oregon 700 v6.00 and opened up the Weather App and as soon as it had position lock it updated the forecast and displayed Weather Radar for us. It was connected to the internet via Wi-Fi, however, and we are in the US.

It is possible there is a server issue for your location. Please do contact Garmin Support via Phone for your region and inform them of the issue.

Also, we know the weather forecast data is currently provided by DarkSky, which was acquired by Apple, and they have indicated they will no longer be sharing data with any third party vendors, Garmin included, beginning 01JAN23, so it is our assumption (whoops!) Garmin will have to release firmware updates for all of their 'connected devices' to update weather forecast servers sometime before the end of the year. Unless, of course, Garmin have been able to somehow extend their contract with DarkSky.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”