CPE Actual and no satellites.

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
luvvinbird

Re: CPE Actual and no satellites.

Unread post by luvvinbird »

mimichris wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:23 pm
luvvinbird wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:21 pm I once had a keen interest in owning a GPSMAP 66sr. It bothers me as to why the Garmin Canada website has completely removed this model from it's list of handhelds. Yes, I know it can be purchased at many stores throughout Canada but not through their website. Why? Add to that it's various problems reported here with key issues still unresolved. Finally, the cost has not dropped one iota, not one cent different from all retailers here. Disappointed.
Spoiler
The 66sr is well sold by Garmin Canada, you have to go to "Handhelds" then choose "Gpsmap 66 serie" then
"inReach® Technology' "NO"
then
"Multi-Band Technology" "YES".
It is sold at $499.99.
Yes, on the Garmin U.S. site this is so. I live in Canada. Go to the Garmin Canada site and look for the GPSMAP 66sr. You won't find it.
mimichris

Unread post by mimichris »

I had put Garmin Canada but it went to the US without me realizing, indeed there is no more. Have you asked Garmin?
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
luvvinbird

Unread post by luvvinbird »

mimichris wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:27 am I had put Garmin Canada but it went to the US without me realizing, indeed there is no more. Have you asked Garmin?
I called them shortly after noticing the 66SR was missing from the website. I got kind of a baloney, "Wha? Really? Hmmm..." response so I never bothered to pursue it any further.

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”