Is bluetooth always on?

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
lost

Is bluetooth always on?

Unread post by lost »

On a mobile phone you can turn off bluetooth in the settings, but on the montana 750i this is missing.
Can only disconnect my headset.

I switched on a bluetooth headset which immediately connected without problems, but for an outdoor GPS, it feels like a waste of battery to not be able to turn off things that are not needed.

Via this GPSrChive Forum thread, it is mentioned that Bluetooth is on when the GPS is charging.

scotte wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:14 pm
GPSrChive wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:05 pm I wonder if all other Explore capable devices keep Bluetooth enabled this way also?
Along with the GPSMAP 64st, I have confirmed that the Montana 700i keeps Bluetooth on and can be synced while charging but "off".

I guess that this is working as Garmin intended and that the radio is consuming minimal power.
scotte

Re: Is bluetooth always on?

Unread post by scotte »

Bluetooth can be turned off on my 700i via two ways in aware of - either Setup->Phone or the status page accessible via the power button. I'd be surprised if the 750i was different.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Is bluetooth always on?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

The Bluetooth data connection to a paired smartphone can be disabled in Setup > Phone.

The Bluetooth Audio link remains in standby mode while no paired headsets are actively connected.

Return to “Montana 7x0”