Show only TWO data fields on dashboard?

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
PAKayak

Show only TWO data fields on dashboard?

Unread post by PAKayak »

I just got an Oregon 700 and am in the process of setting it up. I noticed that on the map dashboard settings, it gives several options, two of which being "Large Data Field" and "Small Data Fields."

When "Large Data Field" is selected, it shows one large data field on the map. Makes sense.

When "Small Data Fields" is selected, it crams FOUR data fields onto the map page, which occupies a good third of the top of the map page.

Prior to getting the Oregon, I had an eTrex 30x, and when "Small Data Fields" was selected, it showed only two data fields. Is there a way to set the Oregon dashboard up to show only two small data fields and therefore more of the map? I don't need to see four, two is plenty, and I'd like to see more of the map.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Show only TWO data fields on dashboard?

Unread post by GPSrChive »

You are already seeing more of the map. Please see GPSrChive > Oregon 7x0 > FAQ 52.

And if you still must see even more map, the data fields can be temporarily hidden with a single screen tap.
PAKayak

Unread post by PAKayak »

True, I am seeing more of the map with four data fields - when compared to the eTrex. And I know that I can hide the data fields by taping on the screen. But then they're hidden. I'd still like to trade those two extra data fields for more of the map on the Oregon. Would be nice if Garmin gave us that option, so the dashboard options would be "large data field," "Four small data fields," or "Two small data fields." I thought maybe there might be a Connect IQ app that would allow this option.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I haven't looked to see if any new Connect IQ options are available in some time as I rarely use my Oregon 7x0 any more. If you find anything good, please advise us!

Return to “Oregon 7x0”