TopoActive web maps are less detailed than mobile version

Discussion related to Garmin Explore (Web) software
scotte

TopoActive web maps are less detailed than mobile version

Unread post by scotte »

I discovered today that TopoActive maps in the web version of Explore are different maps with much, much less detail than TopoActive maps on the mobile app (Android tested). See samples below of the same area - specifically trails around the lake. Additionally, the web version forces satellite view at high levels of zoom, so accurately placing points would be difficult if trying to use the topo map. If that wasn't enough, the web version only creates routes with point-to-point routing and the mobile version only creates courses (but at least supports both point-to-point and auto routing).

I know it's wishful thinking, but it would be so nice if BaseCamp and Explore could sync. For those willing to take the risk, this would provide such a huge improvement over the current disjoint set of apps. I know I'm just grousing, but I find it unfortunate that the best way to plan trips is the same way I was doing it 20 years ago - with an interface cable and a computer even though the devices all have wireless functionality these days! :-/

TopoActive_Android.jpg
TopoActive_Browser.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Explore (Web)”