Blue Push Pins

Discussion related to the Garmin Oregon 7x0 series GPSr
MP21

Blue Push Pins

Unread post by MP21 »

I have a 750t and want to eliminate or replace the blue push pins on my routes transferred to the GPSr via Basecamp.

I have read related forum posts and the page linked in the FAQ section (several times). I don’t care what the replacement symbol is as long as it’s small or eliminated. I am familiar with accessing folders in Basecamp and on the GPSr.

Can someone give me a simple step by step instruction on how to do this?

Thanks very much.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Blue Push Pins

Unread post by GPSrChive »

The FAQ link for replacing the Blue Push Pin symbol provides all information needed.

You will have to either choose a pre-made symbol or create your own symbol to replace the Blue Push Pin, and load that symbol to your Oregon 7x0.

The entire process will require less than 60 seconds if you use an existing symbol, of which there are hundreds to choose from using the links in those instructions.
GPSrChive Custom Symbol Repository > Waypoint Symbols wrote:"Extract and copy desired waypoint symbols to your [GPSr]\Garmin\CustomSymbols\ directory"
So.... Choose/download desired replacement waypoint symbol and copy to the \Garmin\CustomSymbols\ directory on your Oregon 750t. Make sure to name the *.bmp file 'Pin, Blue' so it will replace the default Blue Push Pin, as you desire.
MP21

Re: Blue Push Pins

Unread post by MP21 »

Thank you. As you said, very easy.

Return to “Oregon 7x0”