"Calculating 0%" [Bug 122]

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
CavReconSGT

Re: "Calculating 0%" [Bug 122]

Unread post by CavReconSGT »

GPSrChive wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:37 am After some testing today we eventually duplicated your experience!

When the 'Calculating 0%' was displayed, we didn't touch the device for over 15 minutes with no change in behavior.

After checking enabled maps, we found the City Navigator map was enabled and TopoActive map disabled, exactly as indicated by the Map Page Layer Menu.

While the Map Page Layer Menu was displayed, we enabled TopoActive and disabled City Navigator, and almost instantly a route was calculated!

We have duplicated this exact scenario multiple times using our 750i v13.20.

Can anyone duplicate our experience?
Yes. This is the same behavior I experienced with my 750i with 13.10 and 13.20. I don't remember seeing this behavior prior to the upgrade to 13.10 and I had used it repeatedly.
lost

Unread post by lost »

Garmin has released a new map CN Europe NT 2023.10.
Has anyone else installed it and seen if it has fixed bug 122.

A little strange of Gamin to choose the year 2023 on the map instead of 2022.xx
lost

Unread post by lost »

This update did not resolve the issue.

Now I can not navigate the road at all.
berin

Unread post by berin »

I'm back now and have opened a case with Garmin Support.

They have asked me to update the 2 units with the latest maps, and also firmware.

The units behave differently during the update. 1 unit shows only the maps to update, even though the GPS firmware version is 2.6 not 2.9. The other offered the maps updates and also GPS firmware update to 2.9

I updated both units. Both units now show software 13.2, GPS firmware 2.9. However, the maps update for topo active seems to be now in 3 parts, Europe West, Central and East.

1 unit updated East and West, but not Central. 1 unit updated East and Central, but not West.

The map layer manager seems to now work - by which I mean that switching on or off from the map layer button also switches the map on or off in Map Manager.

With both Topo and CN maps enabled, the device seems to calculate. With only CN maps, the device seems to calculate. With Topo only, the message "detailed maps do not supports routing" appears - this is the message that was shown when the device would not calculate (even if the top maps were off)
Bob Thomson

Unread post by Bob Thomson »

I had these same issues and just now went to Garmin Express and downloaded the latest City Navigator. This fixed the issues for me.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Please share with everyone which version of City Navigator seemed to resolve the issue for you?
CavReconSGT

Garmin sent me a new GPS and as I expected, it did not resolve the issue. If you resolved it with a map upgrade please tells what version fixed it?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

CavReconSGT wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:26 pm Garmin sent me a new GPS and as I expected, it did not resolve the issue.
This is the case more than 80% of the time.
CavReconSGT

GPSrChive wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:54 pm
CavReconSGT wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:26 pm Garmin sent me a new GPS and as I expected, it did not resolve the issue.
This is the case more than 80% of the time.
I am pretty certain this is a software issue, not hardware. I am thinking they have so many options that they sometimes get in a race condition that locks the routing software. For what it's worth, I'm a retired c/c++ cadcam and firmware engineer with 40 years experience. That doesn't help those engineers or me.
vlascot

Unread post by vlascot »

Same issue as above
I have a 700i 13.2 version installed.
Installed factory maps.CN Nav AU & NZ version 2023.10 and Active Topo Australia Version 2022.10.
I'm having exactly the same problem the unit sits on "Calculating 0%" on CN Nav
CN Nav is enabled with map manager and Topo is Disabled.
When I disable CN NAv and enable Topo route has been drawn as a straight line direct routing (due to topo map)
When I enable CN Nav the "Calculating 0%" has cleared.
I only had this unit for 1 day. My previous one locked up (bricked) as I was updating software with Garmin Express.
Hope Garmin will come to the party and fix this issue.
Vlascot

Return to “Montana 7x0”