GPSMAP 66sr Firmware 5.40

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
Bertbeer

GPSMAP 66sr Firmware 5.40

Unread post by Bertbeer »

We were having a Geocaching holliday and when uploading some tracks to Basecamp I got a message for a new version of Garmin Express. I approved the installation of this Garmin Express version and went on with Basecamp as usual. I noted that Garmin Express was installed normally and it operated the same as before.

The next day when I powered up the GPSMAP 66sr it informed me that there was new firmware which would be installed. This took some time and afterwards the GPSMAP 66sr powered up as usual. When I looked at the info page, firmware version 5.40 was indicated.

I have searched all Garmin sites but found absolutely no information regarding this new version. I am absolutely sure that I did NOT get a message from Garmin Express for this new firmware version and also no information regarding the changes. Although that is weird I am not dissatisfied with this new version. I have the opinion that it is al little bit faster and more stable then version 5.20.

Furthermore I noted that firmware bug 60 "Geocaching next stage" is solved. I have reported that bug to Garmin and I am curious if there are more owners of the GPSMAP 66sr have received this new firmware version.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 66sr Firmware 5.40

Unread post by GPSrChive »

GPSMAP 66sr Firmware Update 5.40 released 01JUN22:

Changes made from version 5.20 to 5.40:

• Fixed a possible shutdown when entering expedition mode.
  • Fixed a possible issue with editing a Geocache filter.
  • Fixed a possible issue with removing an item from the page sequence.
  • Fixed a possible issue with modifying the coordinates of Multi-Caches.
  • Fixed a possible issue with editing a Course name.
  • Fixed unit settings not being profile-dependent.

This update is being released in stages via Garmin Express, and should be available to everyone soon.

Please report your observations here!
sylverview

Re: GPSMAP 66sr Firmware 5.40

Unread post by sylverview »

Hello I noticed that once the current activity is saved, the name of this activity isn't possible to be edited any more.

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”