GPSMAP 66i On Sale

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66i GPSr
luvvinbird

GPSMAP 66i On Sale

Unread post by luvvinbird »

Here, in Canada, the Garmin GPSMAP 66i is on sale for $200.00 off MSRP. In the product overview it's listed as having TopoActive mapping and, under specs, it lists the mapping as "topographic". In contrast, the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr also lists TopoActive mapping in it's overview page and, under specs, it lists the mapping as "TopoActive; routable". What's the difference between the maps on these devices? Are the "topographic" maps on the 66i not routable? Are they as good as the TA maps on the 66sr?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 66i On Sale

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Interesting.

My GPSMAP 66i and GPSMAP 66sr both have the exact same TopoActive North America Maps installed.

I wonder if you are seeing a typo?
luvvinbird

Thank you, I hope I am. The U.S. Garmin site shows both the 66i and the 66sr as having TopoActive routable maps. The Canadian Garmin site lists the 66i as having TopoActive topographic maps. Gotta be a typo.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Both the Garmin Canada and Garmin US websites use the exact same part number; 010-02088-01. If they were not the exact same device, they would have different part numbers.
luvvinbird

You're correct. My curiosity got the best of me and I called Garmin Canada. Both the 66i and the 66sr have the same TopoActive mapping. After some investigation, he stated it was an error on their website and thanked me for pointing it out. Thanks again.

Return to “GPSMAP 66i”