Sending messages to inReach contact lists

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66i GPSr
steerage250

Sending messages to inReach contact lists

Unread post by steerage250 »

My sister has a 66i. She is used to using her Spot Tracker where you can setup a contact list and it will send an email or text to all on the list. She cannot find the same facility on her 66i and it is a nuisance having to enter multiple contacts each time you want to send a "check-in" message.

Is it possible to send to a list on the 66i ?

Ian
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Sending messages to inReach contact lists

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Yes, all Garmin inReach devices have three 'Preset Messages' that have to first be configured in the Messages Tab at explore.garmin.com, then SYNCED to the device with the Explore phone app.

Each Preset Message is configured with the desired text, and all desired contacts that are to receive the message are selected.

Once your Preset Messages are configured, you SYNC with your device (in this case the 66i), and you can now select any of the three 'Preset Messages' on the device to automatically send the preconfigured text to the preconfigured contacts.
steerage250

Unread post by steerage250 »

thanks - will check it out
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

It also sounds to me like your sister may not have set up all their contacts in the Contacts Tab at the explore.garmin.com website.

Once this is done and the device is SYNCED using the Explore phone app, each contact can be added or removed from a message by simply toggling thier name on/off in the contact list on the device.

Return to “GPSMAP 66i”