Trace 66sr

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
mimichris

Re: Trace 66sr

Unread post by mimichris »

At the time of the only GPS, I had read on an American document that the latter could scramble their GPS on a determined surface on the scale of a country for example and that they had software which made it possible to unblock the only military users on this country, this is what happened in Iraq during the war between 2003 and 2011.

I've seen photos of US military personnel who had a Garmin GPSII+ in Iraq, possibly modified to receive the normal signal.

This is certainly what the Russians are doing on their Glonass system. I don't think they can interfere with other systems, maybe on a small area of ​​a country. To jam the other systems on the whole world, it would be necessary that the Russians have access to the satellites what is until now impossible.

Until now this has never happened at least in Europe, yet there have been many wars and there are still many.

At the beginning there was the SA (Selective Availability) which scrambled the GPS system by modifying the precision, of this fact the signal walked on 100m in diameter and moved all the time, at the time I had recorded the signal on several hours with my GPSII+. It was President Clinton in 2000 who asked the military to remove this jamming because the police, firefighters and others needed GPS.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”