Tread Overland - 1 Week Review of Issues

Discussion related to the Garmin Tread, Tread SxS, Tread Overland, and Tread Overland XL Powersport Navigators
RazorV

Tread Overland - 1 Week Review of Issues

Unread post by RazorV »

I have had the tread for a week and here are my findings. I actually love the unit out here in Boulder, Co, as once you travel into a mountain pass, there goes your cell service - for real. I have sent all of this with more pics then I included in this post to: product.support@Garmin.com. But thought maybe some of this could be posted to the Common Issues page of GPSrChive thread for the Tread Overland. Or maybe someone has a solution, but doubtful.

1. The TREAD Overland includes InReach and it's working fine with the subscription that I transferred from my Garmin Explorer+, but I cannot pull (there is no option to in the InReach App) any weather reports with InReach on the Tread Overland unless my cell phone is connected and has a data connection. Why?

My Garmin InReach Explorer+will pull weather reports anywhere at any time - without a cell phone connection.

I feel this is just not right for a FIELD Device like the Tread Overland that costs $1,299 (US) and has InReach built into it. How is that going to work out for me in the field here in Colorado, up at 9,000+ feet where there are no cell connections? If my Garmin Explorer+ can do it (under the same subscription plan) why can't the TREAD? Will this be fixed in an update?

2. BlueTooth (BT) connection to my iPhone 12 Max Pro running Apple's latest iOS is not consistent. More than half the time when I click on the PHONE APP on the Tread - it has a "CONNECT" button stating there's no phone connected. This is so convoluted it is confusing. The TREAD App shows it is connected to the TREAD but the phone is not. ON the TREAD if I go into Settings, Wireless, BlueTooth, it shows the phone connected but the TREAD Phone App just gives you the "CONNECT" button. If I disconnect the PHONE in the TREAD Wireless, BlueTooth settings and reconnect it, then the TREAD Phone App will show the phone connected and works fine. Garmin has major issues here that needs to be resolved.

3. Getting past number 2 above, if you go into the PHONE App on the TREAD and click on any PRESET, this is the screen I get (see attached). The disclaimer is superimposed on top of my contacts in the background. This is a programming oversite, and I hope you can fix it quickly.

4. All my DRIVER ASSISTANCE / Proximity Alerts are GRAYED OUT and cannot be accessed. I do not even receive any proximity alerts. The Traffic APP works fine and is reporting it's connected to "Garmin Live Traffic" & Subscriptions reports: "Current traffic subscriptions" See the following attachments for Firmware versions. Am I doing something wrong or will these be fixed in an update?

5. Under Settings / Driver Assistance / Break Planning, the TREAD is NOT keeping the "BREAK REMINDER" setting. If I turn this notification ON, and power off the TREAD, it goes back OFF again when powered back up. I have to constantly turn it ON every time I power up the Tread.

6. TREAD's EXPLORE App. The Explore App on the TREAD and the TREAD App on my iPhone is not syncing all the time. I created a "Collection" called "Goodwill Locations" on my iPhone in the TREAD App. I synced it to the TREAD and it was fine. I later changed the name of this Collection to "GOC Locations". The TREAD never picked up the new Collection name. Furthermore, on the WEB, at www.explore.garmin.com, the name was also still, "Goodwill Locations". I changed the name on the WEB and then resynced with the TREAD and it finally changed. So there is a sync issue with the TREAD App with either the TREAD or www.explore.garmin.com.

That's it, we'll see what they say as I already have 3 cases in to Garmin for this.

Phone-Preset Error.jpeg
Prox Alert Grayed.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Tread Overland - 1 Week Review of Issues

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Thank you for the great first post!

Can we ask which firmware version is currently loaded to your Tread Overland?

AND

Which version of Garmin Tread app you are using?

Thank You!
RazorV

Re: Tread Overland - 1 Week Review of Issues

Unread post by RazorV »

It is the latest that the Tread or Garmin Express can download:

Hardware Version: 7
Software Version: 2.6
Audio Version: 2.0
Text Version: 2.6
TSC Version: mXT1066T2-0xA286B4
GPS Firmware: 2.23

On the TREAD App for iPhone: