UTC at top left of Satellite screen

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
KiwiGPS

UTC at top left of Satellite screen

Unread post by KiwiGPS »

Hi, at the top left of a 66s satellite screen is UTC time. I've been dealing with Garmin units for some years but have not noticed this before. I guess it's been around for ages as it is shown on the screen shots of the 66 info pages here too. Is there any way to change it to something more useful? Thank you.

550.bmp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: UTC at top left of Satellite screen

Unread post by GPSrChive »

What would be more useful?

You local time is displayed in the status bar directly above.

What other time would you like to see here?
remco

Unread post by remco »

I would love to see the seconds included in the time here.

Synchronizing multiple photocamera's on a trip was so much easier with the eTrex software version. Everyone would just need to take one picture of the satellite page. Didn't matter when. Then I could offset each camera to the clock of my GPS. Now there is not one clock on the GPSMAP that indicates seconds.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

remco wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:51 pm I would love to see the seconds included in the time here.
Now there is not one clock on the GPSMAP that indicates seconds.
Perhaps you have not yet discovered the Large Data Field configured to display 'Time of Day'?

Time of Day.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
remco

Unread post by remco »

Wow! Are you kidding me?

I'm going to try that out immediately. I actually contacted support with the question and they answered me they couldn't tell me a way to display seconds on the GPSMAP 66s and I could enter a feature request (which I did).

I came across this forum to see if there happened to be a firmware update available and I noticed you question to the OP. I really wasn't trying to be sour. But creating this account and replying to your question turned out to be my best action this weekend.

Thank you!!
And, nice to meet you by the way. So far this forum looks like a really nice place with lot's of valuable insights.
Last edited by remco on Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”