Bluetooth audio in the powered cradle

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
CavReconSGT

Bluetooth audio in the powered cradle

Unread post by CavReconSGT »

Does the bluetooth audio to helmet headsets work when connected to a powered cradle with audio out?

KR
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth audio in the powered cradle

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Is your audio out connected to anything?
CavReconSGT

The times I tested it was not. It was in the cradle with the audio out cable but nothing connected.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

So, Bluetooth audio connected out of the cradle, and the connection was lost when you inserted it into the cradle?
ConiKost

Unread post by ConiKost »

Well, my 750i works just fine, when insertered into powered AMPS mount. Bluetooth connection works. But no device connected to audio out of AMPS.
Garmin DriveSmart 86 MT-D (FW 6.80, HW V8, GPS 9.00.50, 32GB SD)
Garmin Montana 750i (FW 19.00, HW V6, GPS 2.90, Touchscreen 85.07, ​64GB SD)
CavReconSGT

OK. Thanks. I will test it again. I did this a while ago and it fell off of my list of things to test. I don't remember the specifics, I was just asking if there was a reason it shouldn't work. I had it working not in the cradle but when it was started and I tried to connect when it was in the cradle it didn't connect. I will test it again.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Yes, please test again and report your findings, so if there is an issue, we can get that information to Garmin! Please also indicate the firmware version the device has loaded at the time of testing.

Thank You!
CavReconSGT

Those of you who want a quick answer, the answer is it works, out of the cradle, in the cradle and in the cradle with the external speaker attached. Firmware version 10.90.

The more interesting answer, the reasons I had problems figuring out what was going on. I originally had a Montana 610 using a Cardo Scala G9x and it worked flawlessly on many multi week long trips. When I bought the 750 I tried for weeks to get it to work with the G9x. It would say it paired but then would disconnect - repeatedly. After trying it for several weeks and not getting a good answer from anyone, I bought a cheap Scala 5s and was able to connect and that worked as it was supposed to and as expected. Now bear in mind that the G9x is "far superior" to the 5s at least based on finanances. Anyway, enter a recently purchased used helmet with a Scala Q3 and again, trying to connect it to the 750. The same frustrations and eventually not working. So back to the 5s and it works. I should also mention that I also hooked up to a audio bluetooth headset and a bluetooth speaker with no issue. I am not sure if the 750 only hooks up to later generation bluetooth devices but it was very frustrating. Anyway, that is my story.

KR

Return to “Montana 7x0”