Wildly Inaccurate ETA times [Bug 94]

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
CavReconSGT

Re: Wildly Inaccurate ETA times [Bug 94]

Unread post by CavReconSGT »

gpsrchive wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:02 am Fantastic, sounds like you are making good progress!!
It clearly seems to be related to "motorcycle driving activity" regardless of which profile is chosen. I cannot figure out what is happening. There are no settings in the avoidance that would make it happen as none are set. I have only the CN America map turned on and automap is off. The fact that "lost" is also seeing results that are off and I found another person who is having exactly the same description of events on the Garmin forum also. Anything that you might think of that would help would be appreciated. Or other things to look at.

regards,
KR
lost

Unread post by lost »

Found some comments from the forum advrider on comment 1830 and a little bit ahead.
CavReconSGT

lost wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:06 am Found some comments from the forum advrider on comment 1830 and a little bit ahead.
Yeah. Some of those comments are from me also. :) It seems like a Garmin thing. I would like a little more resolution though. Thanks for your help.

KR
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

An inquiry has been forwarded to Garmin Software Engineers....
CavReconSGT

gpsrchive wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:12 pm An inquiry has been forwarded to Garmin Software Engineers....
Thank you.

Can I ask how or if I will be notified if either no action, or further action will be taken?

KR
Last edited by CavReconSGT on Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Any updates, if and when available, will be posted here!
CavReconSGT

gpsrchive wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:11 pm Any updates, if and when available, will be posted here!
Thank you.

KR
CavReconSGT

Verified that this is still an issue in 10.90.

KR
CavReconSGT

Some more things I have found. I had created a activity off of Motorcycle called Motorcycle-shortest that avoided things like interstates, secondary roads, etc. It has never showed up in my activity list on the GPS. It now appears that whenever I picked Motorcycle activity, it was using Motorcycle-shortest. It also never showed the changes that I created to make this custom activity (i.e. no interstate and other avoidance's). I have deleted the custom activity and motorcycle now works as expected. I will now try re-creating a custom activity based on motorcycle again and see if it shows up in the list, and if the behavior is as expected. I think this is a activity confusion problem with custom activities now, not a time calculation issue at this point.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Be sure you are in the unedited Motorcycle Activity/Profile, then create a new profile with a new name, which will automatically make the new Activity/Profile active. Now you can start making adjustments to this Activity/Profile.

Always Exit to another profile after making changes to be certain all changes are properly recorded and saved.

Return to “Montana 7x0”