Question about data fields 'Distance To Next' / 'ETA at Next'

Discussion related to the Garmin Montana 7x0 series GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: Question about data fields 'Distance To Next' / 'ETA at Next'

Unread post by GPSrChive »

ConiKost wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:24 pm Okay, I see, what you are up to. Thanks, I do now understand. You could add this as a feature wish, that having data fields for showing distance/eta to next via point would be a great addition.
So, you want the 'Waypoint at Next', 'Distance to Next' and 'ETA at Next' data fields to behave as if 'Direct Routing' was enabled, even when using 'Guided Navigation'?
ConiKost

Unread post by ConiKost »

gpsrchive wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:46 pm
ConiKost wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:24 pm Okay, I see, what you are up to. Thanks, I do now understand. You could add this as a feature wish, that having data fields for showing distance/eta to next via point would be a great addition.
So, you want the 'Waypoint at Next', 'Distance to Next' and 'ETA at Next' data fields to behave as if 'Direct Routing' was enabled, even when using 'Guided Navigation'?
Yes. Or just have new seperate data fields for this showing distance/eta to next via point. All Automotive devices have such data fields.
Garmin DriveSmart 86 MT-D (FW 6.80, HW V8, GPS 9.00.50, 32GB SD)
Garmin Montana 750i (FW 19.00, HW V6, GPS 2.90, Touchscreen 85.07, ​64GB SD)
LostAgain

Unread post by LostAgain »

The 276CX has one called "Nearest Type" which unfortunately is only viewable on the trip computer page.
I've requested in the past that this be made as a data field option on devices that allow users to set the data fields as it's something I use all the time to check distances/directions from waypoints etc. without having to be navigating to them.
I guess we can dream... :|

Return to “Montana 7x0”