GPSMAP 66sr how to pan map instead of moving the cursor

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
Elsaesser

GPSMAP 66sr how to pan map instead of moving the cursor

Unread post by Elsaesser »

Hello everybody. I'm new here. I hope it's not too cheeky to ask questions right away. I will definitely find the welcome page.

On some pages of the map, a black bar with a small arrow pointing down and the note “to do a pan" appears at the bottom. Sometimes this function worked and you could move the whole map and not just the cursor / arrow. Now it doesn't work anymore, or am I missing something here? After the hint appears, I press the keyboard arrow down, but the cursor moves and not the map. I can come back with quit.

Hopefully
Martin from Alsace/France
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: GPSMAP 66sr how to pan map instead of moving the cursor

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Once the cursor gets close to the edge of the displayed map, the entire map will begin to scroll.
Elsaesser

Tanks for the answer, but this wasn’t the question.
Id did work before, maybe before I updated the firmware.
And the hint to pan isn’t there without function.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

I do not recall ever being able to move the entire map without first moving the cursor to the edge of the screen.

The 'press down to pan map' always appears in any page where the map is displayed as a 'tabbed selection' (Geocaching page, Recording Controls page, Saved Tracks page, etc.)

I just checked a GPSMAP 66s and 66i also, and they are the same, and as long as I can remember, this is how these devices have functioned.

I also just tested an eTrex Vista HCx (circa 2007) I happened to have sitting on my desk, and it behaves in the same manner when panning the map. The cursor must first approach the border of the display before the map pans.

Do you remember exact steps taken previously that the map page panned without the cursor?
Elsaesser

Thanks indeed for your reply.
Yes I do.
I switched to the Geocache page and after pressing the "down" key, the entire plan area "paned" and the cursor stood in the middle of the page, up down, right left, no problem.
In the meantime I have committed the madness of resetting everything and starting from scratch. But that didn't change anything.
I'll give the setup of the plans a try, maybe it doesent like my supplement plans on a SD Card.
Sad not to recover this function.
Elsaesser

I have found out that in weatherreport it works as it did before in maps.

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”