Disable on course and off course alerts? [Bug 138]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66s/st GPSr
johnassel

Re: Disable on course and off course alerts? [Bug 138]

Unread post by johnassel »

luvvinbird wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:44 pm Keep in mind that when you change the firmware to an older version, you will need to reset all your settings as if the device was new. This might be a pain for some people (like me). If you can't live with the problem, okay. Otherwise, wait for the fix in the next update.
I think you can use the profile function to prevent this. Create a profile, backup the file with its settings which can be found in the internal memory and it *should* be possible to restore the profile/settings afterwards by copying the file back.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

johnassel wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:29 pm
luvvinbird wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:44 pm Keep in mind that when you change the firmware to an older version, you will need to reset all your settings as if the device was new. This might be a pain for some people (like me). If you can't live with the problem, okay. Otherwise, wait for the fix in the next update.
I think you can use the profile function to prevent this. Create a profile, backup the file with its settings which can be found in the internal memory and it *should* be possible to restore the profile/settings afterwards by copying the file back.
FYI

If any of the issues you are trying to resolve are in any way a result of a corrupted profile, doing this simply copies the cause right back to the device.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

johnassel wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:29 pm
FYI

If any of the issues you are trying to resolve are in any way a result of a corrupted profile, doing this simply copies the problem right back to the device.
johnassel

Unread post by johnassel »

It seems that this feature will finally get adjustable settings - I just received this mail from Garmin:
I'm reaching out regarding the GPSMAP 66 series and a newer feature we added to it for on/off course alerts to track navigation.
You were added to a ticket we had created to hopefully implement some settings for these alerts, such as the ability to enable/disable and also adjust the distance in which they sound.
Our Engineering team has decided to add some settings for this feature in a future update to the GPSMAP 66 series.
We're hoping the update will become available later on this month, but this may change depending on testing.
Sounds good to me when this feature can be disabled.

Return to “GPSMAP 66s/st”