LiveTrack in 66sr

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
Nail

LiveTrack in 66sr

Unread post by Nail »

Is there any possibility to run LiveTrack in 66sr?
In the specification and manual there is information that the device has such a possibility.
But I don't see how to configure it with Garmin Connect.
Boom-Stick

Re: LiveTrack in 66sr

Unread post by Boom-Stick »

Not sure about in Garmin Connect, but I think you can do live tracking via connection with Garmin Explore App, which can then share your live progress on a trip to your Garmin Explore MapShare page
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Tested and verified, LiveTrack works with GPSMAP 66sr.

See GPSrChive > GPSMAP 66sr > Operation > Connected Features > LiveTrack for details.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Boom-Stick wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:26 pm Not sure about in Garmin Connect, but I think you can do live tracking via connection with Garmin Explore App, which can then share your live progress on a trip to your Garmin Explore MapShare page
This is not the same as LiveTrack, which uses your mobile phone to share location information. Explore (Perses) requires an inReach subscription to share location information on the MapShare page.
Nail

Unread post by Nail »

I didn't read it before, I came to the same by trial and error. My initial mistake was that I wanted livetrack to run in 66sr and couldn't find this feature. After reviewing Garmin Connect, I saw a light at the end of the tunnel. I paired everything and still did not have a shared position, only after enabling activity recording (off by default) I saw the transmission of the position on the map :).

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”