66sr Won't Find Satellites. [Bug 66]

Discussion related to the Garmin GPSMAP 66sr GPSr
mimichris

Re: 66sr Won't Find Satellites. [Bug 66]

Unread post by mimichris »

If we don't put the multi bands, we are exactly like the 66s it seems to me, but it is certainly not the same GNSS chip.
GPSMAP66sr, GPSMAP67, GPSII+, Twonav Cross.
Cal_Lucas

Unread post by Cal_Lucas »

harnishco wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:18 pm However, mine seems to be working as of the last few weeks. I've been leaving the setting on and havn't had any issues. Garmin did tell me they were working on it. But no time estimate.
Interestingly, I am currently at a more northerly latitude than usual (Scottish Highlands) and have not had this issue since arriving here. Could the problem with achieving an initial fix in v5.50 be location-related?
harnishco

Unread post by harnishco »

Cal_Lucas wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:14 pm
harnishco wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:18 pm However, mine seems to be working as of the last few weeks. I've been leaving the setting on and havn't had any issues. Garmin did tell me they were working on it. But no time estimate.
Interestingly, I am currently at a more northerly latitude than usual (Scottish Highlands) and have not had this issue since arriving here. Could the problem with achieving an initial fix in v5.50 be location-related?
No Idea. I haven't changed locations whatsoever. Oddly, it seems to be related to the frequency I turn the device on and off. The more often I turn it on and off, the more issues it has connecting Multi-Band/GNSS.
luvvinbird

Unread post by luvvinbird »

luvvinbird wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:01 pm I just finished a chat with Garmin Canada. The 66sr is not available to purchase from the Canada or U.S. website at the moment. There apparently is no "add to cart" feature for that item. B/O is the likely cause. Odd that I can search and find it on the U.S. site but it has disappeared from the Canadian site.
I see that the GPSMAP 66sr is now back on the Garmin Canada website and with a $30 reduction in price.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Well I guess that can pay for a couple microSD cards?

The GPSMAP 66sr is also available from the GPSrChive store :)

Return to “GPSMAP 66sr”