Adding Group Ride Tracker

Discussion related to the Garmin Group Ride Tracker
DPike

Re: Adding Group Ride Tracker

Unread post by DPike »

Question: If someone from Montana travelled north to Canada to go snowmobiling, would the radio and ride tracker features work? Assuming this person purchased the Tread in Montana.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Unread post by GPSrChive »

Once the Tread GPS position indicated the device was in Canada, the Group Ride Feature should stop transmitting. I am unable to verify this, however.
DPike

Unread post by DPike »

Ok and thank you for your help, much appreciated.
DPike

Unread post by DPike »

I asked Garmin Support if a USA purchased Tread with Group Ride Radio/Tracker would work in Canada and they said yes. If this is true, the USA units must have different firmware and can I update my Canadian purchased Tread to American firmware? Thank you
GPSrChive
Site Admin

DPike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:20 pm I asked Garmin Support if a USA purchased Tread with Group Ride Radio/Tracker would work in Canada and they said yes. If this is true, the USA units must have different firmware and can I update my Canadian purchased Tread to American firmware? Thank you
My sources indicate this is not the case.

Please let us all know your results!
DPike

Unread post by DPike »

Hey, do you know what the difference between Garmin Tread 5.5" Part Number 010-02406-00 and 010-02406-01? The only option in Canada is the 010-02406-01, hence the lack of Group Ride. Appreciate your help!! Thanks
GPSrChive
Site Admin

You answered your own question.

010-02406-00: 5.5" Tread Kit - with Group Ride Radio

010-02406-01: 5.5" Tread Base Kit - No Radio
DPike

Unread post by DPike »

Thanks and understand that, but the radio is an external add on, so are there other hardware components in the actual Tread or is it just firmware?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

The Tread is a stand alone Navigator. The Group Ride Radio and/or Group Ride Tracker add the radio based features when installed.
DPike

Unread post by DPike »

Hello, I was searching through the hidden developer screen and came across an option called Suppress GPS Watchdog and was wondering what that feature does? Thank you!

Diagnostics Page -> Configuration and Settings -> GPS Settings -> Suppress GPS Watchdog

Return to “Group Ride Tracker”