eTrex 20 starts, but not responsive

Discussion related to the Garmin eTrex 10, 20 30 GPSr
GPSrChive
Site Admin

Re: eTrex 20 starts, but not responsive

Unread post by GPSrChive »

RecipeForDisaster wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:26 pm OK, deleted. I always empty trash before ejecting anything. How should I send you the files? I am not allowed to send PMs.
If you still have them, please send to webmaster at GPSrChive dot com. I would like to compare them and see if we can determine why this happened.
RecipeForDisaster

Unread post by RecipeForDisaster »

It’s great! Of course I ordered an eTrex 30… but the more the merrier (this is my other half's - I use a 66s). But…. How does this happen? Just random restart oops?
GPSrChive
Site Admin

The GPSr writes a new version of that file to the Garmin folder every time it boots. This file is essentially a device manifest, or record of all data found during the boot process, etc.

I have never seen a Garmin device write the file to the wrong directory. I suspect the file was accidentally 'moved' there, but currently have no explanation for how that might have happened.

I am hoping that examination of both GarminDevice.xml files may yield a clue.
RecipeForDisaster

It was not connected to a computer for over a week(yet working fine) before this happened. It does seem odd.

I have them ready to send, but don’t know how to get them to you.
GPSrChive
Site Admin

RecipeForDisaster wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:07 pm I have them ready to send, but don’t know how to get them to you.
Look up about 3-4 posts...

;)
RecipeForDisaster

Duh, missed that one, thanks!
RecipeForDisaster

I am losing my mind. I went upstairs to send the files and I swear the post with the email address is no longer there. I have searched for it, so pretty sure I am not blind…
GPSrChive
Site Admin

RecipeForDisaster wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:33 pm I am losing my mind. I went upstairs to send the files and I swear the post with the email address is no longer there. I have searched for it, so pretty sure I am not blind…
Try This?
GPSrChive wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:33 pm
RecipeForDisaster wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:26 pm OK, deleted. I always empty trash before ejecting anything. How should I send you the files? I am not allowed to send PMs.
If you still have them, please send to webmaster at GPSrChive dot com. I would like to compare them and see if we can determine why this happened.
RecipeForDisaster

Done!

Return to “eTrex x0”